Hillarys is the UK’s leading made-to-measure blinds, curtains, shutters and carpets company with an annual turnover of over £220M. We are a forward thinking business with digital at the heart of what we do. Our website has over 100,000 visitors per week and generates over 70% of our business (and growing).
At Hillary’s we understand that our people are our most important asset. We know that we will only prosper and grow if everyone works together to provide top-class products and customer service. We work hard to attract and develop the best people at all levels, with challenging and rewarding careers. Hillarys is a great place to work whether you are talking to our customers, making our blinds or planning our marketing activity. Lying at the heart of our business are our ‘Company Values’
- Customer Focus
- Continuous Improvement
- Team Work
- Honesty & Integrity
About the role
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Financial Accountant to join our Financial Accounts department in Colwick.
The main purpose of the role is to assist the Financial Accountant in the accurate maintenance of the group’s accounts.
Key tasks include:
- To monitor, maintain and budget all ICT, Occupancy, Insurance and Fleet costs
- Preparation of monthly accruals / prepayment journals
- Monthly debt and credit note reporting
- To assist in the preparation of the group’s year end accounts, and assist in the year end audit
- Responsibility for the Irish VAT Return and UK and Irish Intrastat
- To assist in the audit of the company’s fixed asset register
- Any other ad hoc duties as required
The successful and ideal candidate:
- Would have previous experience of working in an accountancy environment
- Educated to GCSE or equivalent level in Maths and English
- AAT qualified / part qualified, or equivalent
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Ideally have experience of working with SAP
If you have a positive attitude to your work, good attention to detail and are able to build great working relationships then, we would love to hear from you!