About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Management Accountant to join our Management Accounts team based in Colwick, Nottingham.
Reporting to the Finance Manager for Operations and Web, the role will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Preparation of Monthly Management Accounts
- Prepare month end journals and account reconciliation in accordance with the month end timetable
- Undertake Monthly variance analysis to ensure accurate coding and explanations and agree with cost centre managers
- Assist Finance Manager with budgets and re-forecasts
- Assist with Direct labour, Direct Material and Stock analysis and reporting
- Prepare and issue Weekly and Monthly Operational reports
- Prepare Weekly and Monthly Web trading KPI report
- Manage the Samples department process and reconcile to the ledgers
- Undertake additional ad hoc financial tasks as and when requested
The successful and ideal candidate:
- Strong financial understanding
- Ability to analyse and interpret data
- Good interpersonal skills, Confident communicating with the wider business
- Can demonstrate full ownership for tasks and errors
- Confident using Microsoft office with excellent Excel skills
- Highly motivated with a positive attitude
- Ability to work well on their own or as part of a team
Any questions or to apply email email@example.com
Hillarys are the UK’s largest provider of windows dressings and furnishings. We have come a long way since the company was established in 1971 and we’re proud to do things differently. From start to finish, we strive to give the highest standards of service across all we do. At Hillary’s we understand that our people are our most important asset. We know that we will only prosper and grow if everyone works together to provide top-class products and customer service.
We work hard to attract and develop the best people at all levels, with challenging and rewarding careers. Hillarys is a great place to work whether you are talking to our customers, making our blinds or planning our marketing activity. Lying at the heart of our business are our “Signature Service” values:
- Trustworthy – “We keep our promises and act with Honesty and Integrity”
- Supportive – “We take responsibility and accountability for what we do”
- Positive – “We work as a team to ensure we delight our customer”
- Focused – “We get the job done right first time every time“
- Caring – “We believe in what we do and take “Pride” in everything we do"
Hillarys offer great benefits to their employees including generous holiday entitlement, a pension scheme and staff discount.
Hillarys are an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principle of equality regardless of race, creed, colour, nationality, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation and religion or belief.