Hillarys is the UK’s largest provider of windows dressings and furnishings. We have come a long way since the company was established in 1971, and have expanded from just blinds to curtains, shutters, carpets and awnings. From start to finish, we strive to give the highest standards of service across all we do.
At Hillarys, our people are our most important asset. We know that we will only prosper and grow if everyone works together to provide fantastic products and customer service. The fast-paced, dynamic team means we’re always striving for innovation and looking for a better way to do things. Each and every member of the team has an invaluable contribution to make. At the heart of our business are our values:
- Customer Focus – We put customers at the heart of our business
- Continuous Improvement – We never stand still.
- Teamwork – We succeed together.
- Honesty & Integrity – We do the right thing.
- Communication – We are connected.
- Recognition – We value people
About the role
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a BDM Designate in the East Midlands
The key accountability of the role is:
Responsibility for the management of all aspects of the Sales and Service cycle in respect to the counties you are allocated.
You are responsible for recruiting, supporting, training and developing a team of advisors to optimise sales and profit - delivering excellent customer service throughout your territory.
The successful and ideal candidate:
- Recruitment – Recruit, train, induct, mentor and develop advisors to manage their businesses successfully
- Capacity Management – Build and manage diary capacity effectively in your geographical area, ensuring each advisor has enough leads to run a profitable business whilst meeting customer demand for appointments.
- Performance – Plan time effectively to ensure that your activities deliver a high return on investment whilst helping advisors to achieve their earning objectives. Adhere to the business development cycle of contact; regular phone contact, 1-2-1 meetings and field visits to support performance improvement. Deliver efficient sales growth by helping advisors to work on key performance indicators (KPIs) on sales, appointment effect and supporting metrics (conversions & value). Support and run team meetings for advisors to support development
- Service – As the custodian of Signature Service it is necessary to work with the Account Management team to ensure customers in your area receive outstanding service – educating and ensuring that advisors understand the importance of working to Service best practice KPIs (VFD, Fits on Time and Advisor Errors). When failures in Service take place, the BDM Designate is required to provide telephone and/or face to face contact to advisors and customers, taking full responsibility for service recovery.
The successful candidate must have sales experience, and ideally management experience and be self-motivated and able to confidently drive sales and sales performance in the field.
How to apply
If you have a positive attitude to your work, good attention to detail and are able to build great working relationships then, we would love to hear from you, so please email an up to date copy of your CV with covering letter or completed application to [email protected]
Hillarys are an equal opportunities employer