About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Business Analyst to join our Online team in Colwick, Nottingham.
As a key member of the team responsible for developing new and exciting digital products, the Business Analyst will join the scrum teams to work on system enhancement projects across the entirety of the software development lifecycle. Working closely with the Product Owners and Head of Web technology, the post holder will draw on their experience to analyse and define requirements and identify potential opportunities for exploiting technology where appropriate. This is a hands-on role that combines elements of business and systems analysis, and hands-on delivery. Candidates will therefore need to demonstrate experience of successfully managing concurrent, multi-faceted projects.
The purpose of this role is:
- Working with stakeholders, product owners, senior managers and directors to analyse, create user stories and integrate data sources that enable the online team to deliver organisational and technology change.
- Using commercial and technical experience to assess, shape and advise on the practicality of requirements and solutions.
- Play a vital role for all online related development and liaise closely with the E-commerce and commercial teams to agree priorities, deliverables and timescales.
- Identify potential opportunities, impact and limitations of introducing new solutions to the wider business – e.g. where a new solution impacts on another business area.
The successful and ideal candidate:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Business or System analysis role.
- Strong inter-personal skills and ability to communicate effectively and establish close working relationships with commercial & technical functions.
- Experience of defining and prioritising requirements and managing complex multi-faceted projects across multiple channels and delivery streams (Agile and Waterfall)
- Documenting complex business processes, translating business requirements into User Stories and user interface guides whilst solving problems and working under pressure.
- Writing or understanding data structures.
- Managing both customers’ and internal defects and change requests and development queues as priorities are reviewed and changed.
- Analyse, configure and test components of the solution for inclusion in the base product offered to clients.
- Educated to a degree level
- E-commerce and Internet software development project experience
- ISEB, IIBA or BCS qualified
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, BDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Experience with Atlassian JIRA and Confluence
Any questions or to apply email firstname.lastname@example.org or submit an online application form.
Hillarys are the UK’s largest provider of windows dressings and furnishings. We have come a long way since the company was established in 1971 and we’re proud to do things differently. From start to finish, we strive to give the highest standards of service across all we do. At Hillary’s we understand that our people are our most important asset. We know that we will only prosper and grow if everyone works together to provide top-class products and customer service.
We work hard to attract and develop the best people at all levels, with challenging and rewarding careers. Hillarys is a great place to work whether you are talking to our customers, making our blinds or planning our marketing activity. Lying at the heart of our business are our “Signature Service” values:
- Trustworthy – “We keep our promises and act with Honesty and Integrity”
- Supportive – “We take responsibility and accountability for what we do”
- Positive – “We work as a team to ensure we delight our customer”
- Focused – “We get the job done right first time every time“
- Caring – “We believe in what we do and take “Pride” in everything we do"
Hillarys offer great benefits to their employees including generous holiday entitlement, a pension scheme and staff discount.
Hillarys are an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principle of equality regardless of race, creed, colour, nationality, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation and religion or belief.