About the role
The Despatch Administration team need you! We are losing a very valuable member of the team. The team are a busy conscientious group who deal with the despatch and invoicing of all orders going out of the business – a wide and varied role – never a dull moment!
This opportunity is based at our Glaisdale site and is a full time position.
Reporting to the Despatch Supervisor the role covers a number of specific tasks – some that are listed below.
- The checking and authorising of requests for missing blinds to be remade
- Billing and invoicing of deliveries
- Responding to internal and external customers queries and requests relating to deliveries by third party carriers in a timely, effective manner.
- Answering queries – both by telephone and email - from all the service teams – Hillarys, Arena & Premier & Specialist Products
- Responding to time sensitive requests for orders to go by carrier
- Report updating and analysis work
- Logging and sorting orders that have been returned to us
- Maintaining a safe and secure working environment
The basic hours of work will be Monday to Friday – 39 hours – between 7am and 5pm (4pm on a Friday). Some weekend working and overtime will be required – particularly around bank holidays and Christmas – this is a 7 day working environment.
We would like the successful person to be proficient in excel (word would be a bonus to us). They would also need a good basic grounding in English & Maths (the majority of communication is by email) and a good working knowledge of SAP would be a real vote winner for us. Attention to detail, the ability to make decisions without supervision, a good telephone manner and the ability to work within a team are also important.
Alternatively contact Steve Handley (Distribution) on 07918 738348
Hillarys are the UK’s largest provider of windows dressings and furnishings. We have come a long way since the company was established in 1971 and we’re proud to do things differently. From start to finish, we strive to give the highest standards of service across all we do.
At Hillary’s we understand that our people are our most important asset. We know that we will only prosper and grow if everyone works together to provide top-class products and customer service. We work hard to attract and develop the best people at all levels, with challenging and rewarding careers. Hillarys is a great place to work whether you are talking to our customers, making our blinds or planning our marketing activity. At the heart of our business are our “Signature Service” values.
- Trustworthy - “ We keep our promises and act with Honesty and Integrity”
- Supportive – “ We take responsibility and accountability for what we do”
- Positive – “We work as a team to ensure we delight our customer”
- Focused – “We get the job done right first time every time “
- Caring – “ We believe in what we do and take “Pride” in everything we do
Hillarys offer great benefits to their employees including generous holiday entitlement, a pension scheme and staff discount.
Hillarys are an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principle of equality regardless of race, creed, colour, nationality, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation and religion or belief.