About the role
A vacancy is now available for a Despatch Operative at our site in Glaisdale.
The despatch team is responsible for moving all blinds & shutters to their destination – accurately and on time. We look after all products for Hillarys’, Custom West, Specialist Products, Arena and Web customers.
Basic hours of work will be 39 per week; The shift pattern will be discussed at the interview.
This role will require flexible working to cover for weekends and overtime.
The key responsibilities of this role are as follows, but not limited to:
- Offloading blinds & shutters arriving from the manufacturing plants
- Sorting blinds & shutters into correct cage for delivery destination
- Scanning and labelling blinds & shutters accurately for delivery destination
- Sorting manufactured blinds from production floor for delivery destination
- Assisting in the loading of blinds & shutters onto carrier vehicles and vans
- Basic report checking
- Maintaining a safe and secure working environment
The successful and ideal candidate will:
- Have the ability to work flexible hours
- Be Focused and pays attention to detail
- Have a helpful manner and the ability to work within a team
- Be able to prioritise workload and work to daily deadlines
- Have previous experience of using a computer
- Have a good level of physical fitness as the role involves the lifting and carrying of blinds and shutters
Hillarys are the UK’s largest provider of windows dressings and furnishings. We have come a long way since the company was established in 1971 and we’re proud to do things differently. From start to finish, we strive to give the highest standards of service across all we do.
At Hillary’s we understand that our people are our most important asset. We know that we will only prosper and grow if everyone works together to provide top-class products and customer service. We work hard to attract and develop the best people at all levels, with challenging and rewarding careers. Hillarys is a great place to work whether you are talking to our customers, making our blinds or planning our marketing activity. At the heart of our business are our “Signature Service” values.
- Trustworthy - “ We keep our promises and act with Honesty and Integrity”
- Supportive – “ We take responsibility and accountability for what we do”
- Positive – “We work as a team to ensure we delight our customer”
- Focused – “We get the job done right first time every time “
- Caring – “ We believe in what we do and take “Pride” in everything we do
Hillarys offer great benefits to their employees including generous holiday entitlement, a pension scheme and staff discount.
Hillarys are an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principle of equality regardless of race, creed, colour, nationality, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation and religion or belief.