Hillarys are the UK’s largest provider of windows dressings and furnishings. We have come a long way since the company was established in 1971 and we’re proud to do things differently. From start to finish, we strive to give the highest standards of service across all we do.
At Hillary’s we understand that our people are our most important asset. We know that we will only prosper and grow if everyone works together to provide top-class products and customer service. We work hard to attract and develop the best people at all levels, with challenging and rewarding careers. Hillarys is a great place to work whether you are talking to our customers, making our blinds or planning our marketing activity. Lying at the heart of our business are our ‘Company Values’
- Customer Focus
- Continuous Improvement
- Team Work
- Honesty & Integrity
About the role
Hillarys are seeking a Digital Business Analyst to join our On-line Services team here in Colwick, Nottingham. You will be responsible for working with business product owners and other stakeholders to define business objectives and requirements, translating them into functional specifications. You will be a member of a scrum team of developers and QA with the support of our Scrum Master. Online services team work to enhance B2C and B2B sites and brands.
- Analyse business needs along with understanding the technical landscape.
- Analysing and understanding business needs, by developing clear and concise documentation including NFRs to ensure that systems fully meet business requirements
- Capturing user requirements using a variety of methods, and translating these into user stories in collaboration with business stakeholders
- Working with the product owners and scrum team to ensure user stories are properly refined with BDD to ensure they meet INVEST principles
- Conduct Gap analysis between as-is and to-be.
- Produce documentation to reflect business processes, sequence diagrams, user/data requirements and business benefits
- Build a strong working relationship with stakeholders (Internal/External) and become a trusted system and process subject matter expert
Digital Business Analysts are multi-skilled and will come from a range of backgrounds. The essential skills and experience we are looking for is as follows:
- Significant experience as a digital business analyst with SCRUM experience
- Strong analytical skills, ability to understand the problem domain and express complexity in clear terms to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Requirements gathering and specification skills - including standard approaches for assimilation and presentation
- The ability to translate business requirements into detailed functional design using Agile User Stories and ideally BDD
- Strong stakeholder management/communication skills, ability to manage/facilitate story writing workshops with MVP and Story refinement workshops
- Proven ability to effectively work across teams at all levels
- Strong collaborator/team player
- Good understanding of web development with a keen interest in user experience, user journeys and delivering value
Hillarys offer great benefits to their employees including generous holiday entitlement, a pension scheme and staff discount.
If you have a positive attitude to your work, good attention to detail and are able to build great working relationships then, we would love to hear from you.