Hillarys are the UK’s largest provider of windows dressings and furnishings. We have come a long way since the company was established in 1971 and we’re proud to do things differently. From start to finish, we strive to give the highest standards of service across all we do.
At Hillary’s we understand that our people are our most important asset. We know that we will only prosper and grow if everyone works together to provide top-class products and customer service. We work hard to attract and develop the best people at all levels, with challenging and rewarding careers. Hillarys is a great place to work whether you are talking to our customers, making our blinds or planning our marketing activity. Lying at the heart of our business are our ‘Company Values’
- Customer Focus
- Continuous Improvement
- Team Work
- Honesty & Integrity
About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Digital Development Executive to join our Marketing team in Colwick.
The purpose of this role is to optimise the Hillarys UK and Ireland websites by managing day to day development and producing analysis on how the site is performing and what could be improved.
Responsibilities of this role include planning and prioritising website development to deadlines and budgets given, by raising tickets in a way that developers can understand, testing these developments and managing releases. This person will also report on these changes and their effect on the website.
The successful and ideal candidate have:
- Prior marketing experience and experience working with a CMS required
- Prior experience of web development management is desired for example writing user stories and QA/testing
- Understanding of technical SEO requirements and commercial implications of site speed is advantageous.
- The ability to weigh up what will improve site performance against estimates and suggest a priority order for tasks based on objectives and deadlines
- Quick to react to issues, and find solutions
- Good attention to detail and thorough - to ensure testing is of a high standard
- Effective communication skills to keep everyone up to date with what is being worked on and when, and progress against goals
- Effective time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple tasks at once to a tight deadline
- Able to have difficult conversations with internal people and agencies in order to prioritise and meet deadlines for the business, and make people aware of problems or delivery issues
- Thinking outside of the box to solve problems and come up with new ideas on what should be developed next
- Translating the objectives of others and complex thoughts into tangible tasks that a development team can understand
- Prior analytical experience (i.e. Google analytics, hotjar etc) desired but not essential as training can be given
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office
- Good influencing skills and assertiveness
- Good relationship building skills to be able to gain support across the business for the website roadmap
- Good presentation skills and developing ability to write clear and persuasive reports
How to apply
Hillarys offer great benefits to their employees including generous holiday entitlement, a pension scheme and staff discount.
If you have a positive attitude to your work, good attention to detail and are able to build great working relationships then, we would love to hear from you, so please visit www.hillarys.co.uk/about-hillarys/work-with-us to find out more or email us an up to date copy of your CV with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hillarys are an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principle of equality regardless of race, creed, colour, nationality, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation and religion or belief.