About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Digital Designer to join our fast-paced growing in-house Studio in Colwick.
The ideal candidate will be a skilled front-end designer with some back-end development skills, will have excellent communication skills, great attention to detail and be able to deliver to brief whilst keeping to deadlines.
They must also present a working portfolio packed with creative and innovative designs, demonstrating good all round ability building and designing mini-sites.
The purpose of this role is to:
- Design and development of micro-sites and Rich Media Internet Applications. (See examples) https://www.hillarys.co.uk/cost-of-christmas-past/, https://www.web-blinds.com/resources/my-dream-city/
- Working to tight deadlines
- Optimising images for online use
- Thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts to fit briefs
- Working with various internal clients and teams.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Animate, Illustrator and InDesign
- Knowledge of building and testing applications across multiple platforms
- Back-end developer - .net applications
- Frameworks - JQuery, Bootstrap, Animation libraries
- Excellent communication skills
- An good understanding of UI & UX
- Experience using API’s
- Basic knowledge of Java script, PHP, MySQL.
Hillarys are the UK’s largest provider of windows dressings and furnishings. We have come a long way since the company was established in 1971 and we’re proud to do things differently. From start to finish, we strive to give the highest standards of service across all we do.
At Hillary’s we understand that our people are our most important asset. We know that we will only prosper and grow if everyone works together to provide top-class products and customer service. We work hard to attract and develop the best people at all levels, with challenging and rewarding careers. Hillarys is a great place to work whether you are talking to our customers, making our blinds or planning our marketing activity. At the heart of our business are our “Signature Service” values.
- Trustworthy – “We keep our promises and act with Honesty and Integrity”
- Supportive – “We take responsibility and accountability for what we do”
- Positive – “We work as a team to ensure we delight our customer”
- Focused – “We get the job done right first time every time“
- Caring – “We believe in what we do and take “Pride” in everything we do"
Hillarys offer great benefits to their employees including generous holiday entitlement, a pension scheme and staff discount.
Hillarys are an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principle of equality regardless of race, creed, colour, nationality, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation and religion or belief.