Hillarys is the UK’s largest provider of windows dressings and furnishings. We have come a long way since the company was established in 1971 and we’re proud to do things differently. From start to finish, we strive to give the highest standards of service across all we do. At Hillary’s we understand that our people are our most important asset. We know that we will only prosper and grow if everyone works together to provide top-class products and customer service. We work hard to attract and develop the best people at all levels, with challenging and rewarding careers. Hillarys is a great place to work whether you are talking to our customers, making our products or planning our marketing activity. Lying at the heart of our business are our values:
- Customer Focus
- Continuous Improvement
- Honesty & Integrity
About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Employee Communications Manager to join our team in Nottingham.
Hillarys has a large number of staff doing a vast array of roles. There is a need to keep everyone informed, involved and engaged. This role is about managing the timely co-ordination and delivery of Hillarys internal communications, and employee engagement strategy through a range of channels and events ensuring ease of access, consistency and clarity. The role holder will be responsible for developing and continually improving a joined up and effective internal communications process. The role holder will strive to ensure we are proactive in reacting, responding to and promoting a positive image of working for Hillarys through external social media channels and forums. The role holder should be a strong advocate of the company values and will be responsible for developing and enhancing our Employer Brand and visual identity.
The person occupying this position should have the drive to achieve results in a friendly manner but at the same time maintain quality and standards. The incumbent should have the ability to absorb and impart factual information to others. The need to enjoy challenging situations and have a systematic and perfectionist approach to work are integral to this role. The ideal person for this position will be energetic, positive, self-confident, friendly, self-starting, inquisitive, imaginative, factual, consistent and self-disciplined.
Provide a communications service to employees
- Deliver the employee engagement aspects of the internal and advisor communications and engagement strategy in conjunction with the Communications & Marketing Manager and Head of HR.
- Create, maintain and implement tactical communication plans and records in line with the overall communications strategy and stakeholder requirements.
- Work with stakeholders to identify and create interesting and unique copy and images tailored to the audience and channel.
- Edit copy and coach others to produce employee communications in line with the internal brand.
- Assist in the development and implementation of projects and initiatives.
- Advise staff on methods for communicating individual or team messages across Hillarys.
- Represent the Internal and Advisor Communications and Marketing Team in meetings with stakeholders.
- Deputise for the Communications and Marketing Manager as required.
- Develop capability and maintain online communication
- Develop a new intranet in line with the communications vision.
- Produce, promote, co-ordinate and maintain content for the intranet.
- Provide ongoing development of the intranet in line with employee needs and internal communication trends.
- Train others to use the CMS to add and maintain content in line with the communications strategy and brand guidelines.
- Storyboard or translate video ideas to the relevant creative teams.
Create and maintain offline communication
- Work with the internal design studio and external suppliers to produce and maintain visuals across all sites and for events and meetings in line with brand guidelines, producing clear briefs and proofing artwork.
Be an advocate for the company values and the brand
- Be an advocate for the company values and the brand, working in line with brand guidelines and embedding the values throughout employee communications activity.
- Champion the employee brand, working with the social media and PR team to promote the use of social media internally and promote a positive image of Hillarys as a great place to work, externally through channels such as Twitter, Facebook and Glassdoor.
Event management and support
- Directly manage or support with the communication and delivery of internal events.
- Attend and manage communications for charity and social events.
Research and reporting
- Carry out research and surveys, using analytics tools where appropriate, to measure the effectiveness of communication to all audiences and across communication channels.
- Develop, analyse and produce regular website reporting.
- Evaluate, monitor and report on communication and engagement activities, projects and initiatives.
- Drive continuous improvement in effectiveness of communications and engagement activities.
The successful and ideal candidate:
- Clear communicator with strong copywriting skills.
- Experience in the field of internal communication and employee engagement.
- Experience of intranet development and writing for the intranet.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience with a high standard of English language and grammar.
- Strong service ethic and customer focus with the ability to work with people of all levels.
- Good team player with ability to work in a diverse team.
- Ability to influence others, negotiate and manage multiple stakeholders.
- Able to work independently and manage own time in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task within tight timeframes and with changing priorities.
- Good attention to detail.
- Knowledge of all Microsoft Office programmes including Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Desirable but not essential
- Marketing experience.
- Knowledge of Umbraco and Photoshop, as well as a good understanding of CMS platforms.
- Experience of working in a matrix management framework.
- Good knowledge of budget management.
How to apply
Hillarys offers great benefits to its employees including generous holiday entitlement, a pension scheme, generous staff discount and healthcare cash plan and lifestyle benefits package. If you have a positive attitude, a flair for communication, and are able to build great working relationships then we would love to hear from you, so please visit www.hillarys.co.uk/abouthillarys/work-with-us to find out more or email us an up to date copy of your CV with covering letter to [email protected] Hillarys is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principle of equality regardless of race, creed, colour, nationality, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation and religion or belief.