Hillarys are the UK’s largest provider of windows dressings and furnishings. We have come a long way since the company was established in 1971 and we’re proud to do things differently. From start to finish, we strive to give the highest standards of service across all we do.
At Hillary’s we understand that our people are our most important asset. We know that we will only prosper and grow if everyone works together to provide top-class products and customer service. We work hard to attract and develop the best people at all levels, with challenging and rewarding careers. Hillarys is a great place to work whether you are talking to our customers, making our blinds or planning our marketing activity. Lying at the heart of our business are our ‘Company Values’
- Customer Focus
- Continuous Improvement
- Team Work
- Honesty & Integrity
About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Front End Developer to join our Marketing Team in Colwick.
The role requires a skilled developer with a passion for delivering user focused, creative solutions. With an eye for detail and excellent problem solving skills, you will work on a range of briefs across our consumer brands. You will have experience of the end-to-end process, working collaboratively with your colleagues from brief through to delivery.
- Development of a variety of responsive web applications and static sites
- Development of HTML email campaigns, templates and components
- Development of HTML5 banners
- Understanding of cross browser compatibility and testing methodologies
- Support other team members with development tasks
- QA development work produced by team members
The successful and ideal candidate will ideally have:
Will be an expert in:
- Vanilla JS with popular app frameworks (React/Angular etc.)
- CLI build processes (Gulp, NPM, Yarn)
- Source control
Will have a good working knowledge of:
- The latest SEO requirements
- RESTful APIs, and the ability to manage data
- XD/Photoshop/Illustrator to be able to work with designer assets
- Image manipulation and editing
- Optimising speed and performance across solutions, including page load time
- UX design and the UCD process
- Digital design experience
- Understanding and application of user research
- Agile planning (sprint planning)
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in a similar role, with a passion for keeping abreast of the latest technology and digital marketing trends. If you are a self-starter with good time management skills and the ability to deal with multiple projects and tight deadlines we would like to hear from you.
How to apply
Hillarys offer great benefits to their employees including generous holiday entitlement, a pension scheme and staff discount.
If you have a positive attitude to your work, an excellent attention to detail and are able to build great working relationships then we would love to hear from you. Please send an up to date copy of your CV with covering letter to [email protected]
Hillarys are an equal opportunities employer.