About the role
To work within the design studio covering both offline and online projects. The role will primarily focused on supporting the offline print team, providing creative input and delivering against a range of creative briefs - from leaflet design to exhibition graphics. A solid understanding of print processes are a must, along with solid art-working skills. The candidate must also be technically skilled in the Adobe creative suite (InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator). The role requires a skilled Graphic Designer with a solid background in print to work across two brands (Hillarys and Web Blinds, our sister e-commerce site).
The purpose of this role is:
- Think creatively and produce new ideas and concepts to fit briefs
- Working with various internal clients and teams to deliver against briefs
- Designing graphics and manipulating digital images
- Working on creative for two websites (Web Blinds and Hillarys)
- Design and develop responsive HTML emails and flash sites, social media campaigns, apps and advertisements
- Optimising images for online use
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest developments in creative design
- Liaising with external media agencies from brief through to delivery
- Liaising with other, internal departments to ensure accuracy of work
- To deliver a range of media, primarily for print but will be required to pick up briefs for online use from time-to-time
- To design with consideration for offline and online restrictions per media
- Design work will cover, but is not exclusive to,: POS/exhibition graphics, Campaign creative, Home interest magazine inserts and display adverts, Website banners and the cropping of images for use online, Emails for regular promotions.
The above duties and responsibilities are not exhaustive and are subject to change. You may also be required to undertake additional duties within the scope and grading of the role.
Education and/or Experience:
- Experience in a similar role
- Educated to degree level in a design-related subject
- The ideal candidate will have creative flair, be enthusiastic and have a self-motivated attitude as well as having good communication skills and an excellent attention to detail. They must be able to present a portfolio filled with creative and innovative designs as well as experience in: Campaign creative, working as part of a team and working to high standards and deadlines.
Any other skills and abilities:
- Understanding of typography and layout for both online and offline print is essential
- Well experienced with the Adobe suite, primarily Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS is advantageous
- Knowledge of Excel, Adobe Acrobat, HTML, CSS & Java Script is desirable but not essential
- Digital abilities both online and offline to support in using the right tools and resources to fit the task in hand
- Demonstrates an efficient, organised approach with accuracy in what they do
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Comfortable with working independently
Hillarys are the UK’s largest provider of windows dressings and furnishings. We have come a long way since the company was established in 1971 and we’re proud to do things differently. From start to finish, we strive to give the highest standards of service across all we do. At Hillary’s we understand that our people are our most important asset. We know that we will only prosper and grow if everyone works together to provide top-class products and customer service.
We work hard to attract and develop the best people at all levels, with challenging and rewarding careers. Hillarys is a great place to work whether you are talking to our customers, making our blinds or planning our marketing activity. Lying at the heart of our business are our “Signature Service” values:
- Trustworthy – “We keep our promises and act with Honesty and Integrity”
- Supportive – “We take responsibility and accountability for what we do”
- Positive – “We work as a team to ensure we delight our customer”
- Focused – “We get the job done right first time every time“
- Caring – “We believe in what we do and take “Pride” in everything we do"
Hillarys offer great benefits to their employees including generous holiday entitlement, a pension scheme and staff discount.
Hillarys are an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principle of equality regardless of race, creed, colour, nationality, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation and religion or belief.