Hillarys are the UK’s largest provider of windows dressings and furnishings. We have come a long way since the company was established in 1971 and we’re proud to do things differently. From start to finish, we strive to give the highest standards of service across all we do.
At Hillary’s we understand that our people are our most important asset. We know that we will only prosper and grow if everyone works together to provide top-class products and customer service. We work hard to attract and develop the best people at all levels, with challenging and rewarding careers. Hillarys is a great place to work whether you are talking to our customers, making our blinds or planning our marketing activity. Lying at the heart of our business are our ‘Company Values’
- Customer Focus
- Continuous Improvement
- Team Work
- Honesty & Integrity
About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a HR Advisor to join our HR Department team in Colwick. Working as part of a pro-active, innovative and responsive HR Team, providing generalist HR support as required, whilst consistently demonstrating HR best practice.
The purpose of this role is to:
- To provide expert employee relations advice to Managers and team leaders on all aspects of employee relations
- Dealing with various HR queries throughout the business
- Monitoring, reviewing and updating all HR policies and ensuring these are in line with the current legislation
- Managing staff relationships, responding to any queries or problems that they have and managing their expectations
- Handling HR matters reliably and in accordance with legal requirements
- Conduct various capability investigations, including grievance and disciplinary
- Assisting with and developing on any recruitment campaigns
- Driving the business performance in relation to the organisation’s objectives
Partnering with line managers to review employee relations, performance management, resourcing and staff management
The successful and ideal candidate:
- Substantial post CIPD experience at Advisory level essential
- Evidence of strong coaching and mentoring skills
- Strong influencing skills
- Basic commercial and financial awareness, business strategy understanding
- Understanding of HR processes and up to date knowledge of relevant discipline areas
- Ability to take responsibility for own self-development and CPD
- Communicates effectively in a style appropriate to the audience
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office including word PowerPoint and excel
- Up to date Employment Law knowledge
- Effective time management skills with the ability to manage a heavy workload to tight deadlines
- Experience of dealing with conflict and sensitive people situations
How to apply
Hillarys offer great benefits to their employees including generous holiday entitlement, a pension scheme and staff discount.
If you have a positive attitude to your work, good attention to detail and are able to build great working relationships then, we would love to hear from you, so please visit www.hillarys.co.uk/about-hillarys/work-with-us to find out more or email us an up to date copy of your CV with covering letter to [email protected] quoting reference HRAD/2018.
Hillarys are an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principle of equality regardless of race, creed, colour, nationality, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation and religion or belief.