Hillarys are the UK’s largest provider of windows dressings and furnishings. We have come a long way since the company was established in 1971 and we’re proud to do things differently. From start to finish, we strive to give the highest standards of service across all we do.
At Hillary’s we understand that our people are our most important asset. We know that we will only prosper and grow if everyone works together to provide top-class products and customer service. We work hard to attract and develop the best people at all levels, with challenging and rewarding careers. Hillarys is a great place to work whether you are talking to our customers, making our blinds or planning our marketing activity. Lying at the heart of our business are our ‘Company Values’
- Customer Focus
- Continuous Improvement
- Team Work
- Honesty & Integrity
About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a HR Assistant to join our Human Resources team in Washington, working 20 hours per week.
The key tasks and accountabilities of this role are:
- Being responsible for recruitment at Washington site
- Assist with the on boarding process
- Day to day administration of the HR System and HR administration tasks
- Responsible for maternity, paternity and adoption process amongst employees
- Responsible for promoting and administrating Health and Wellbeing initiatives throughout the year
- Time & Attendance admin as and when required
- Supporting with the administration of training and development
- Any other general HR tasks
The successful and ideal candidate:
- Experience working within a complex administrative role within a HR environment
- Experience of using HRIS
- CIPD qualification (Non-essential but is preferred)
- Confident communicating with the wider business and an effective telephone manner
- Can demonstrate full ownership for tasks and errors.
- Confident using Microsoft Office Suite
- High level of attention to detail
- Proven ability to work to tight deadlines with accuracy and confidence
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with a variety of different level
How to apply
Hillarys offer great benefits to their employees including generous holiday entitlement, a pension scheme and staff discount.
If you have a positive attitude to your work, good attention to detail and are able to build great working relationships then, we would love to hear from you, so please visit www.hillarys.co.uk/about-hillarys/work-with-us to find out more or email us an up to date copy of your CV with covering letter to email@example.com quoting reference HRA1.
Hillarys are an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principle of equality regardless of race, creed, colour, nationality, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation and religion or belief.