Hillarys are the UK’s largest provider of windows dressings and furnishings. We have come a long way since the company was established in 1971 and we’re proud to do things differently. From start to finish, we strive to give the highest standards of service across all we do.
At Hillary’s we understand that our people are our most important asset. We know that we will only prosper and grow if everyone works together to provide top-class products and customer service. We work hard to attract and develop the best people at all levels, with challenging and rewarding careers. Hillarys is a great place to work whether you are talking to our customers, making our blinds or planning our marketing activity. Lying at the heart of our business are our ‘Company Values’
- Customer Focus
- Continuous Improvement
- Team Work
- Honesty & Integrity
About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a HR Assistant to join our HR Department team in Colwick to provide a full HR administration service to the HR department and to internal and external customers, acting as a first point of contact for all HR admin enquiries.
- The purpose of this role is to:
- Provide day-to-day administration and support to employees and line Managers.
- Provide general administrative support to the wider HR team.
- Respond to first line queries from employees and line managers.
- Management of the HR Admin inbox.
- Contribute towards the development of HR policies, processes and procedures.
- Respond to terms and conditions queries from new starters and processing returned documents.
- Maintain up to date and accurate records and information relating to employees in the HR/Payroll system.
- Monitor end of probation and fixed term contracts and out comes, escalating to HR Advisor where appropriate.
- Administer variation to contracts and update Resource Link to reflect the changes accordingly.
- Administer Company and HR employee schemes, e.g. Long Service Awards, Private Medical, Healthshield.
- Respond to external 3rd party requests.
- Establish, develop and maintain relationships across the Company.
- Promote core values as part of the culture of the Company
- Assist with project work as and when required
The successful and ideal candidate:
- Experience working within a complex administrative role within a HR environment
- Experience of using HRIS
- CIPD qualification (Non-essential but is preferred)
- Confident communicating with the wider business and an effective telephone manner
- Can demonstrate full ownership for tasks and errors
- Confident using Microsoft Office Suite
- High level of attention to detail
- Proven ability to work to tight deadlines with accuracy and confidence
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with a variety of different levels
How to apply
Hillarys offer great benefits to their employees including generous holiday entitlement, a pension scheme and staff discount.
If you have a positive attitude to your work, good attention to detail and are able to build great working relationships then, we would love to hear from you, so please visit www.hillarys.co.uk/about-hillarys/work-with-us to find out more or email us an up to date copy of your CV with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference HRA/2018.
Hillarys are an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principle of equality regardless of race, creed, colour, nationality, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation and religion or belief