Hillarys is the UK’s largest provider of windows dressings and furnishings. We have come a long way since the company was established in 1971, and have expanded from just blinds to curtains, shutters, carpets and awnings. From start to finish, we strive to give the highest standards of service across all we do.
At Hillarys, our people are our most important asset. We know that we will only prosper and grow if everyone works together to provide fantastic products and customer service. The fast-paced, dynamic team means we’re always striving for innovation and looking for a better way to do things. Each and every member of the team has an invaluable contribution to make. At the heart of our business are our values:
- Customer Focus – We put customers at the heart of our business.
- Continuous Improvement – We never stand still.
- Teamwork – We succeed together.
- Honesty & Integrity – We do the right thing.
- Communication – We are connected.
- Recognition – We value people
About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Junior Visual Designer to join our Design Team in our Marketing department in Colwick. Working within the fast-paced in-house Design Studio covering both print and digital projects, the right candidate will be technically skilled in the Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator, plus either XD or Sketch.
Excellent print knowledge as well as strong UI/UX skills are a must, alongside experience of working in a similarly dynamic environment. You’ll create designs across our consumer brands and for a range of internal clients, both print and digital, including creating campaign identities to support collaborations with key designers, influencers and celebrities such as George Clarke, Liz Earle and Daisy Lowe. Your work will engage customers and consistently push Hillarys towards a more contemporary look and feel and making us the brand of choice to customers wherever they are on their journey.
The purpose of this role is to:
- Work with various internal clients and teams to deliver against brief
- Supporting the creation of campaign identities for promotional periods, product launches and collaborations with interior designers/influencers (research, proposal and idea generation)
- Think creatively and support the production of new ideas and concepts to brief
- Designing graphics and manipulating digital images
- Working on creative for the Hillarys website
- Design and develop responsive HTML emails and flash sites, social media campaigns, apps and advertisements
- Optimising images for online use
- Liaising with external media agencies from brief through to delivery
- Liaising with other, internal departments to ensure accuracy of work
- To design with consideration for print and digital restrictions per media
- Design work will cover, but is not exclusive to:
- POS/exhibition graphics for national events
- Campaign creative across all media channels
- Home interest magazine inserts and display ads, segmenting designs to create a tailored customer experience
- Website banners and the cropping of images for use online
- Emails for regular promotions
- SEO campaigns on a range of subjects from sleep to climate change
Key working relationships:
- Senior Graphic Designer
- Digital Development Lead
- Visual Designers
- Digital Designers
- Design Manager
- Creative Production Manager
- Media owners/stakeholders
- Internal stakeholders
We’re looking for a dynamic, self-motivated individual who is brimming with ideas. You’ll be equally adept at direct response as brand activity, able to organise your own time and react to changing priorities. You’ll be able to work to tight and open-ended briefs, bringing your personality and amenability to everything you do.
Education, experience and abilities:
- Experience in a similar role
- Educated to degree level in a design-related subject
- The ideal candidate will have creative flair, be enthusiastic and have a self-motivated attitude as well as having good communication skills and an excellent attention to detail. They must be able to present a portfolio filled with creative and innovative designs as well as experience in:
- campaign creative
- working as part of a team
- working to high standards and tight deadlines
- Desirable knowledge of HTML and CSS
Hillarys offer great benefits to their employees including generous holiday entitlement, a pension scheme and staff discount.
If you have a positive attitude to your work, an excellent attention to detail and are able to build great working relationships then we would love to hear from you.