About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Junior Web Developer to join our web development team in Colwick, Nottingham
The ideal candidate for this position would be someone who already has some experience coding (e.g. Web. Mobile), however we will also consider applications from enthusiastic individuals who want to build a career in IT, especially if the individual has demonstrated this desire through self-study/improvement.
Working closely with the team, the purpose of this role is to:
- Work with internal clients/stakeholders to understand and analyse requirements
- Design, build and maintain developments on our web platforms
- Optimise and re-factor existing code
- Investigate and fix defects and other issues
The in-house development team use the Microsoft development stack (including .Net C#, MVC, SQL Server, AWS, Umbraco, AngularJS) to deliver a range of online services to the business.
The successful and ideal candidate:
- Proven problem-solving capability and a technical aptitude
- Good business knowledge with a genuine interest in working within a web development setting
- Drive to embark on an IT career
- Ability to work in a collaborative team setting
- Ideally, a Graduate qualification (any subject) or further education qualification in IT Subject
Hillarys is the UK’s largest provider of windows dressings and furnishings. We have come a long way since the company was established in 1971 and we’re proud to do things differently. From start to finish, we strive to give the highest standards of service across all we do. At Hillary’s we understand that our people are our most important asset. We know that we will only prosper and grow if everyone works together to provide top-class products and customer service. We work hard to attract and develop the best people at all levels, with challenging and rewarding careers. Hillarys is a great place to work whether you are talking to our customers, making our products or planning our marketing activity. Lying at the heart of our business are our values:
- Customer Focus
- Continuous Improvement
- Honesty & Integrity
How to apply
If you have a positive attitude to your work, are looking to develop your career within software development and have a desire to always be pushing to learn something new, we would love to hear from you, so please email an up to date copy of your CV with covering letter or completed application to [email protected] quoting reference 2770.
Please also ensure you have made your line manager aware of your application.