About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Marketing Communications Manager to join our Marketing team in Colwick.
You’ll have the ability to manage a number of complex projects at any one time, whilst thinking methodically and paying great attention to detail. You’ll be great at planning and putting together briefs, as well as writing excellent copy, tailored to the media and audience. You’ll also be experienced using audience insight to guide and add value to campaign and customer communications and messaging. There’ll also be test pieces to plan and execute to inform future communications and activity.
Devise, plan, develop, manage and deliver a wide range of customer communications on brand, to time and to budget
Marketing and campaign planning. Instrumental in turning the marketing plan into executable integrated campaigns to deliver business objectives in terms of customer acquisition and retention, product category or regional growth
Plan and deliver a broad range of lead generation activity across national and regional media including; National Press and Home Interest classified, display and inserts, Regional Press classifieds, monthlies and displays, inserts and adverts, site and email
Responsible for the development and delivery of the full suite of consumer facing brochures in line with product launch activities and annual brochure plan. Full budgetary responsibility including costs, volumes and forecasts
Provide written content for customer-facing marketing collateral
Work with a broad range of internal stakeholders to understand and deliver their communications objectives
Responsible for identifying and ensuring Marketing’s photography requirements are met
Work with the Product Team to deliver product launch support materials and with the wider marketing team to plan and deliver launch campaigns.
Manage master activity plans
Understand the contribution of communications and messaging to our wider marketing strategy
Work with media owners and Analysis team to conduct post campaign analysis
Line management for Marketing Communications Exec
As we measure all of our lead generation activity meticulously, you’ll need to be comfortable working with numbers too.
In addition to the above, there is a range of other ad hoc collateral to work on, plus you’ll also be required to provide marketing and comms support to other brands / areas of the business as required.
Financial, Planning, Resource & People Responsibility
- Line management for min. one Marketing Communications Executive
- Responsible for managing the annual budget for Hillarys brochures
- Commercially aware and numerate
- Thinks in terms of profit, loss and added value
- Manage spend and monitor efficiencies, making recommendations where appropriate
- Project management, including timelines
- Internal account management
- Print buying and understanding of print processes Strong organisation skills
- Project planning, including timeline and budgetary control
- The successful and ideal candidate:
- Education, Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Educated to degree level, ideally in marketing related discipline or English
- Ideal CIM Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing
- Proven experience in a similar Marketing role
- Highly organised with excellent planning skills and the ability to contingency plan and think one one’s feet
- A proven ability to manage and deliver marketing communications
- Able to work under pressure to tight deadlines, delivering a high quality output at all times
- Able to manage a number of projects simultaneously to deadline and budget
- Excellent copy writing skills and able to tailor creative and tone to different target audiences
- Commercially aware, numerate and comfortable with campaign analysis
- Able to manage external agencies to deliver high quality results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills that can be easily adapted to suit a variety of communication styles, a creative flair and attention to detail are all crucial to the role, as is the ability to plan for a busy work schedule
- Ability to manage a number of complex projects at any one time
- Previous management experience
Influencing others (key working relationships)
- Confident in managing stakeholders
- Stakeholder and internal account management
- Ability to manage conflict
- Establishes good relationships with colleagues and suppliers
- Builds wide networks of contacts inside and outside of the organisation
- Relates well to people at all levels
- Expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly
- Gains clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating
- Makes presentations and undertakes public speaking with skill and confidence
The Marketing Communications Executive will work closely with:
- Comms Team Colleagues
- Design Manager
- Design Studio
- Media Owners
A range of external partners and suppliers (including creative and design agencies, printers
- Complexity of Thinking (problem solving)
- Produces new ideas, approaches and insights
- Identifies and finds solutions to problems
- Gathers comprehensive information to support decision making
Any questions or to apply email [email protected]
Hillarys are the UK’s largest provider of windows dressings and furnishings. We have come a long way since the company was established in 1971 and we’re proud to do things differently. From start to finish, we strive to give the highest standards of service across all we do. At Hillary’s we understand that our people are our most important asset. We know that we will only prosper and grow if everyone works together to provide top-class products and customer service.
We work hard to attract and develop the best people at all levels, with challenging and rewarding careers. Hillarys is a great place to work whether you are talking to our customers, making our blinds or planning our marketing activity. Lying at the heart of our business are our “Signature Service” values:
- Trustworthy – “We keep our promises and act with Honesty and Integrity”
- Supportive – “We take responsibility and accountability for what we do”
- Positive – “We work as a team to ensure we delight our customer”
- Focused – “We get the job done right first time every time“
- Caring – “We believe in what we do and take “Pride” in everything we do"
Hillarys offer great benefits to their employees including generous holiday entitlement, a pension scheme and staff discount.
Hillarys are an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principle of equality regardless of race, creed, colour, nationality, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation and religion or belief.