About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Materials Controller to join our Procurement team in Colwick.
The Materials Controller will work alongside the Materials Manager within the Procurement team who are responsible for ensuring that the company stock holding is within budgeted levels and that materials are always available to allow blinds to be manufactured when required. This entails working closely with both suppliers and internal departments. The successful candidate must be a can-do type, with a flexible, positive nature, who is happy dealing with the analytical nature of the job and is always willing to learn.
This role will be ultimately responsible for purchasing, capacity planning and logistics from the world’s leading suppliers of Venetian Blinds and Shutters, with a yearly spend of circa £16 million. This will involve imports from China where you will be coordinating a multi-site operation involving logistics, warehousing and manufacturing teams.
A key element for Procurement being successful in our aims is the accurate and timely forecasting of demand from the different sales streams thus ensuring we have the right stock at the right time.
The purpose of this role is :
- Replenishment and management of stock using spreadsheets and SAP to ensure stock remains within agreed budgets.
- Report writing and analysis of data to support departmental KPI’s.
- Analysis of appropriate sales metrics to mould future purchasing and stock holding plans.
- Controlling, building and strengthening supplier relationships to continually improve and report on performance.
- Data maintenance and administrative support.
- Communication using high standard of interpersonal, written, verbal and presentation skills
The successful and ideal candidate:
- Essential to have an extensive knowledge of Excel, particularly the use of formulas and macros to enable statistical analysis of our stock range.
- Ideally have proven procurement experience in a materials control or purchasing role.
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to work to tight deadlines.
- A self-starter who is able to independently manage and prioritise their own workload on a daily basis.
- Educated to GCSE or equivalent level in Maths and English.
- Knowledge of SAP or equivalent ERP system.
- Confident communicating with the wider business and an effective telephone manner.
- Can demonstrate full ownership for analytical decisions and order management.
Any questions or to apply email [email protected]
How to apply
Hillarys offer great benefits to their employees including generous holiday entitlement, a pension scheme and staff discount. If you have a positive attitude to your work, good attention to detail and are able to build great working relationships then, we would love to hear from you, so please visit www.hillarys.co.uk/abouthillarys/work-with-us to find out more or email us an up to date copy of your CV with covering letter to [email protected] quoting reference 2730.
Hillarys are the UK’s largest provider of windows dressings and furnishings. We have come a long way since the company was established in 1971 and we’re proud to do things differently. From start to finish, we strive to give the highest standards of service across all we do. At Hillary’s we understand that our people are our most important asset. We know that we will only prosper and grow if everyone works together to provide top-class products and customer service.
Hillarys offer great benefits to their employees including generous holiday entitlement, a pension scheme and staff discount.
Hillarys are an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principle of equality regardless of race, creed, colour, nationality, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation and religion or belief.