Hillarys is the UK’s largest provider of windows dressings and furnishings. We have come a long way since the company was established in 1971 and we’re proud to do things differently. From start to finish, we strive to give the highest standards of service across all we do. At Hillary’s we understand that our people are our most important asset. We know that we will only prosper and grow if everyone works together to provide top-class products and customer service. We work hard to attract and develop the best people at all levels, with challenging and rewarding careers. Hillarys is a great place to work whether you are talking to our customers, making our products or planning our marketing activity. Lying at the heart of our business are our values:
- Customer Focus
- Continuous Improvement
- Honesty & Integrity
About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Graphic Designer to join our Marketing team in Colwick The role requires a skilled creative designer to work in our fast paced in-house design studio. Excellent print knowledge is required as well as experience of working in a similar environment. Knowledge of digital design & web standards would be advantageous but not essential. Will work on a range of briefs across our consumer brands and for a range of internal clients.
- Originate creative and compelling design concepts which are on-brand and help promote sales.
- Design a variety of marketing materials, taking them from brief through to print ready artwork.
- Work on a number of briefs simultaneously, meeting deadlines and delivering high quality artwork.
- Produce exhibition and showroom graphics.
- Work with the internal comms team to deliver messages in a visually exciting way.
- Manage customer expectations and keeps others informed.
- Keep up-to-date with design trends.
- Think creatively to produce new ideas and concepts to fit briefs.
- Liaise with various internal and external clients.
- Work to deadlines, sometimes under pressure.
The successful and ideal candidate:
- Well experienced with the Adobe suite and other software, primarily InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator. Skilled in setting up files for print and web.
- Understanding of HTML and CSS. Not essential but desirable.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good presentation skills.
- Good time management skills, able to deal with multiple projects and tight deadlines.
- Understanding of typography and layout for both print and web.
How to apply
If you have a positive attitude to your work, great attention to detail and are able to build great working relationships then, we would love to hear from you, so please email an up to date copy of your CV with covering letter or completed application to email@example.com quoting reference 2815. Please also ensure you have made your line manager aware of your application. We are accepting referrals for the position, please refer to the recommend a friend policy on the intranet for further details.