Mid-Weight Front-End Developer/Designer
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented Mid-Weight Front-End Developer/Designer to join our Design Team in our Marketing department in Colwick. Working within the fast-paced in-house Design Studio covering both print and digital projects, the right candidate will work on a range of briefs across our consumer brands and for a range of internal clients. We might be an interiors company, but SEO projects at Hillarys can have you working on subjects ranging from climate change to sleep. We’re looking for someone who’s brimming with ideas.
The purpose of this role is to:
- Design and develop a variety of web applications and static sites for SEO campaigns
- Create campaign identities for promotional periods, product launches and collaborations with interior designers and influencers (research, proposal and idea generation). Previous collaborations include George Clarke, Liz Earle and Daisy Lowe
- Design and develop emails, from newsletters to sale-lead
- Design and develop online banner ads
- Produce site collateral including but not limited to imagery, iconography, banners
- Create illustrations and animations
- Manipulate and edit images as required
- Use design-thinking to tackle core business and visual problems for both customer-facing and internal issues
Key working relationships:
- Senior Graphic Designer
- Design Manager
- Creative Production Manager
- Media owners/stakeholders
- Internal stakeholders, such as the product team or sales team
We’re looking for a dynamic, self-motivated individual who is brimming with ideas. You’ll be equally adept at direct response as brand activity, able to organise your own time and react to changing priorities. You’ll be able to work to tight and open-ended briefs, bringing your personality and amenability to everything you do.
Education, experience and abilities:
- Experience in a similar role
- Educated to degree level in a design-related subject
- Advanced understanding of the Creative Cloud Suite and/or Sketch.
- Experience with web development skills (HTML5/CDD/SASS/JS)
- Vanilla JS knowledge with popular app frameworks (React/Angular etc)
- Knowledge of CLI build processes (Git, NPM, Yarn)
- The ideal candidate will have creative flair, be enthusiastic and have a self-motivated attitude as well as having good communication skills and an excellent attention to detail. They must be able to present a portfolio filled with creative and innovative designs as well as experience in:
- campaign creative
- working as part of a team
- working to high standards and tight deadlines
- Understanding brand and visual communication across different industry sectors
- Graphic design fundamentals such as typography, colour, balance, hierarchy and composition
- Understanding of web performance and SEO necessities
- Core understanding of UX design and the UCD process, as well as basic understanding of user research
- Good understanding of agile planning (sprint planning)
- Understanding RESTful APIs, and the ability to manage data
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good presentation skills
- Good time management skills, able to deal with multiple projects and tight deadlines
Hillarys is the UK’s largest provider of windows dressings and furnishings. We have come a long way since the company was established in 1971, and have expanded from just blinds to curtains, shutters, carpets and awnings. From start to finish, we strive to give the highest standards of service across all we do.
At Hillarys, our people are our most important asset. We know that we will only prosper and grow if everyone works together to provide fantastic products and customer service. The fast-paced, dynamic team means we’re always striving for innovation and looking for a better way to do things. Each and every member of the team has an invaluable contribution to make. At the heart of our business are our values:
- Customer Focus – We put customers at the heart of our business.
- Continuous Improvement – We never stand still.
- Teamwork – We succeed together.
- Honesty & Integrity – We do the right thing.
- Communication – We are connected.
- Recognition – We value people
Hillarys offer great benefits to their employees including generous holiday entitlement, a pension scheme and staff discount.
If you have a positive attitude to your work, an excellent attention to detail and are able to build great working relationships then we would love to hear from you.