About the role
Hillarys Ltd, the UK’s largest provider of window dressings and furnishings is looking for an Online Marketing Assistant to join their rapidly growing digital marketing team. The online marketing assistant will assist in the day to day management of both the Hillarys and Web-blinds websites. Through their key responsibilities they will help improve user journeys and increase conversion rates. They will be involved in delivering new product launches and supporting the Hillarys and Web-blinds promotions online.
- Customer focus - Applies a fundamental and integrated understanding of the customer to shape business activities, add value to the service they receive and improve business performance.
- Flexibility - Adapts thinking and behaviour to suit the requirements of different situations and is able to see the value of alternative views. Understands and engages with the need for change in the Business
- Commitment - Understands and demonstrates commitment to Hillarys and aligns own behaviour with the Group‟s values. Demonstrates a flexibility of approach for the benefit of the wider organisation.
- Tenacity - Demonstrates repeated effort and resilience when overcoming a number of obstacles to achieve a result. Always shows a positive attitude, and achieves outcomes despite setbacks.
The ideal candidate must have:
Education, Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Proven interest in digital marketing
- IT literate
- Proficient in Microsoft office
- Proficient in using mobile and tablet devices
- Familiarity with Google Analytics is preferred although not essential as training will be provided
- Effective time management skills to manage a busy workload to tight deadlines
- A good eye for detail as they will be responsible for the majority of content that is displayed on the websites
- Establishes good relationships with colleagues
(key working relationships)
- Builds a network of contacts inside and outside of the business
- Relates well to people at all levels
- Expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly
- Makes presentations and undertakes public speaking with skill and confidence
Complexity of Thinking (problem solving)
- Identify problems and generate ideas and solutions
- Recommend /initiate appropriate action to improve performance
Key Tasks & Accountabilities
Ensuring content on the websites is up to date and relevant by:
- Adding content such as images and text to existing pages
- Updating monthly inspiration articles
Ensuring the successful delivery of promotions online by:
- Working closely with the marketing executive and design team on the creative for the promotions
- Adding and removing banners through the content management system (Umbraco)
- Creating new pages
Ensuring the success of new product launches online by:
- Adding new fabrics and removing old ones
- Updating product imagery
- Managing the product database
Contributing to performance improvements on the websites by:
- Testing maintenance tasks alongside the marketing executive and external digital agency
- Supporting A/B testing and personalisation
- Working closely with external agencies to deliver the product development roadmaps
- Working closely with the internal SEO and PPC teams to increase visitors to the site
- Working with the internal design and content teams to deliver projects and improve conversion rates
Understanding and reporting on the performance of the website by:
- Using Google Analytics to produce the weekly stats spreadsheet
- Using hotjar and other tools to understand user behaviour online
Any questions or to apply email firstname.lastname@example.org
Hillarys are the UK’s largest provider of windows dressings and furnishings. We have come a long way since the company was established in 1971 and we’re proud to do things differently. From start to finish, we strive to give the highest standards of service across all we do. At Hillary’s we understand that our people are our most important asset. We know that we will only prosper and grow if everyone works together to provide top-class products and customer service.
We work hard to attract and develop the best people at all levels, with challenging and rewarding careers. Hillarys is a great place to work whether you are talking to our customers, making our blinds or planning our marketing activity. Lying at the heart of our business are our “Signature Service” values:
- Trustworthy – “We keep our promises and act with Honesty and Integrity”
- Supportive – “We take responsibility and accountability for what we do”
- Positive – “We work as a team to ensure we delight our customer”
- Focused – “We get the job done right first time every time“
- Caring – “We believe in what we do and take “Pride” in everything we do"
Hillarys offer great benefits to their employees including generous holiday entitlement, a pension scheme and staff discount.
Hillarys are an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principle of equality regardless of race, creed, colour, nationality, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation and religion or belief.