Hillarys are the UK’s largest provider of windows dressings and furnishings. We have come a long way since the company was established in 1971 and we’re proud to do things differently. From start to finish, we strive to give the highest standards of service across all we do.
At Hillary’s we understand that our people are our most important asset. We know that we will only prosper and grow if everyone works together to provide top-class products and customer service. We work hard to attract and develop the best people at all levels, with challenging and rewarding careers. Hillarys is a great place to work whether you are talking to our customers, making our blinds or planning our marketing activity. Lying at the heart of our business are our ‘Company Values.
- Customer Focus
- Continuous Improvement
- Team Work
- Honesty & Integrity
About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Product Manager to join our Product team in Colwick.
The Product Manager will work alongside the Senior Product Manager and other highly experienced Product Managers who are responsible for the management and development of the Hillarys Group product portfolio. This pivotal role will be specifically responsible for working on decorative, textile/soft furnishing orientated products and as such we are looking for someone who has creative flair but with strong commercial acumen.
The purpose of this role is to:
- Deliver and lead project based, product development and launch activities across the Hillarys Group sales channels.
- Be responsible for the full product lifecycle for the product groups within your remit; from product launch through to retirement.
- Develop product ranges through effective product selection and by working with the Procurement team to develop supplier relationships.
- Project manage the entire critical path for a product launch - generate timeline, bring together multiple stakeholder requirements and ensure project remains on track.
- Contribute to and follow the product development calendar plan.
- Analyse appropriate sales & performance metrics to support decision making on product development plans.
- Liaise and maintain strong relationships with colleagues and internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of your products both internally and across the wider industry – be the ‘go to expert.
- Initiate and develop product and trend research.
- Develop sales channel appropriate merchandising, sampling and launch materials to support product launches.
- Be responsible for briefing photography requirements for the Product range for use in sample books. Offer Product specialist support to the wider marketing team in the delivery of photography for a launch or product focussed shoots.
- Communicate across the business product changes, specifications, launch plans.
We are looking for a dynamic, self motivated team player who has experience of working in a similar Product Management or Buying role.
- Educated to degree level.
- Ideally with a textiles background or experience managing other interior products.
- Creative flair with an appreciation of colour, design and trend influences.
- Strong commercial acumen with experience of bringing new products to market.
- Experience of owning and driving projects through from start to completion.
- A confident communicator with ability to manage multiple stakeholder requirements.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Well organised with exceptional time management skills.
- Able to manage complex and several projects at once.
- Strong problem solving skills with ability to logically analyse requirements and put forward effective solutions.
Be willing to travel within the UK and overseas
How to apply
Hillarys offer great benefits to their employees including generous holiday entitlement, a pension scheme and staff discount.
If you have a positive attitude to your work, good attention to detail and are able to build great working relationships then, we would love to hear from you, so please visit www.hillarys.co.uk/about-hillarys/work-with-us to find out more or email us an up to date copy of your CV with covering letter to email@example.com quoting reference 2879.
Hillarys are an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principle of equality regardless of race, creed, colour, nationality, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation and religion or belief.