Hillarys are the UK’s largest provider of windows dressings and furnishings. We have come a long way since the company was established in 1971 and we’re proud to do things differently. From start to finish, we strive to give the highest standards of service across all we do.
At Hillary’s we understand that our people are our most important asset. We know that we will only prosper and grow if everyone works together to provide top-class products and customer service. We work hard to attract and develop the best people at all levels, with challenging and rewarding careers. Hillarys is a great place to work whether you are talking to our customers, making our blinds or planning our marketing activity. Lying at the heart of our business are our ‘Company Values’
- Customer Focus
- Continuous Improvement
- Team Work
- Honesty & Integrity
About the role
A vacancy is now available for Production Operatives at our site in Washington, Tyne and Wear. The purpose of this role is to manufacture made to measure blinds to agreed timescales, quality standards and cost constrains. This includes assembling and/or packing made to measure blinds whilst meeting quality and efficiency targets as well as assisting in and maintaining a safe and secure working environment.
The key responsibilities of this role are as follows, but not limited to:
- Monitor own performance to ensure hourly efficiency targets are met
- Monitor production of blinds throughout manufacturing process to ensure they meet company quality standards
- Ensure material wastage is kept to a minimum to reduce costs
- Maintain service levels to meet the needs of the business
- Follow work instructions, safe working procedures and all other company policies
- Handle and store products in a manner that prevents damage
- Work effectively as a member of a team to assemble and/or pack blinds made to customers individual requirements and to the specification of the product
- Health and safety awareness
- Maintain good standards of housekeeping at all times
- Maintain appropriate standard of personal hygiene and appearance
The successful and ideal candidate will:
- Have a strong use of own initiative.
- Be quality and safety conscious.
- Basic numeracy and literacy skills.
- Be multi skilled for flexibility to meet the needs of the business.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Be a strong team player and capable of working to targets.
Full training will be given to successful applicants.
Hillarys offer great benefits to their employees including generous holiday entitlement, a pension scheme and staff discount
If you have a positive attitude to your work, good attention to detail and are able to build great working relationships then, we would love to hear from you!