About the role
A vacancy is now available for a Production Operative at our site in Colwick. The purpose of this role is to manufacture made to measure blinds to agreed timescales, quality standards and cost constrains. This includes assembling and/or packing made to measure blinds whilst meeting quality and efficiency targets as well as assisting in and maintaining a safe and secure working environment.
The key responsibilities of this role are as follows, but not limited to:
- Monitor own performance to ensure hourly efficiency targets are met
- Monitor production of blinds throughout manufacturing process to ensure they meet company quality standards
- Ensure material wastage is kept to a minimum to reduce costs
- Maintain service levels to meet the needs of the business
- Multiskilling for flexibility to meet the needs of the business
- Follow work instructions, safe working procedures and all other company policies
- Handle and store products in a manner that prevents damage
- Work effectively as a member of a team to assemble and/or pack blinds made to customers individual requirements and to the specification of the product
- Health and safety awareness
The successful and ideal candidate will:
- Have a strong use of own initiative. Be quality and safety conscious. Basic numeracy and literacy skills.
- Be multi skilled for flexibility to meet the needs of the business. Excellent attention to detail.
- Be a strong team player and capable of working to targets
Any questions or to apply email firstname.lastname@example.org
Reports to: Section leader
Functional relation with: Warehouse operatives and despatch operatives
Maths to GCSE standard or equivalent
English to GCSE standard or equivalent
At Hillary’s we understand that our people are our most important asset. We know that we will only prosper and grow if everyone works together to provide top-class products and customer service.
We work hard to attract and develop the best people at all levels and offer great benefits to our employees including generous holiday entitlement, a pension scheme and staff discount.
Hillarys are an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principle of equality regardless of race, creed, colour, nationality, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation and religion or belief.
At Hillarys, we understand that our people are our most important asset, and we know we will only prosper and grow if everyone works together to provide top-class products and customer service. We work hard to attract the best people at all levels and offer great benefits to our employees including generous holiday entitlement, a pension scheme, staff discount as well as a Hillarys tailored Healthcare Cash Plan which includes a virtual GP surgery, 24/7 Counselling and support helpline, as well as over 4,000 offers for you and your family to enjoy. As well as this, we also offer an hourly rate above national living wage, for all our employees!