Hillarys might have been established nearly 50 years ago, but our passionate and hard-working team make sure we’re only thinking about the future. Our continued growth, which started right here in Nottingham, wouldn’t have been achieved without the heart of Hillarys – our employees. We take pride in everything we do, encourage open communication, progression and make sure successes are always celebrated. If you want to be part of a skilled, reliable and expert team, register your interest today.
About the role
The purpose of this role is to manufacture made to measure blinds to agreed timescales, quality standards and cost constrains. This includes assembling and/or packing made to measure blinds whilst meeting quality and efficiency targets as well as assisting in and maintaining a safe and secure working environment.
The key responsibilities of this role are as follows, but not limited to:
- Monitor own performance to ensure hourly efficiency targets are met
- Monitor production of blinds throughout manufacturing process to ensure they meet company quality standards
- Ensure material wastage is kept to a minimum to reduce costs
- Maintain service levels to meet the needs of the business
- Multiskilling for flexibility to meet the needs of the business
- Follow work instructions, safe working procedures and all other company policies
- Handle and store products in a manner that prevents damage
- Work effectively as a member of a team to assemble and/or pack blinds made to customers individual requirements and to the specification of the product
- Health and safety awareness
- Maintain good standards of housekeeping at all times
The successful and ideal candidate will:
- Have a strong use of own initiative.
- Be quality and safety conscious.
- Basic numeracy and literacy skills.
- Be multi skilled for flexibility to meet the needs of the business.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Be a strong team player and capable of working to targets.
Start to love what you do.