About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Project Manager to join our Online team in Colwick, Nottingham.
As a key member of the team responsible for developing new and exciting digital products, the project manager will lead the team of internal Online Developers and Business Analysts.
Managing the successful deployment and delivery of projects will require you to plan, coordinate and lead activities to deliver organisational benefit
The purpose of this role is:
- Working with stakeholders, product owners, senior managers and directors to build and maintain relationships that enable delivery
- Leading the Online team and the wider organisation through projects to deliver organisational value
- Agreeing project objectives and ensuring the team meet the agreed deadlines
- Identifying and removing blockers or guiding the team to remove them
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on resolution and learning
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assisting with internal and external communication and improving transparency
- Providing support to the team and leading by example
- Carrying out risk assessments
- Overseeing the accounting, costing and billing for the associated projects
The successful and ideal candidate:
Experience in the Project Manager role for at least two years involving a high level of coordination
of people and activities.
- Good skills and knowledge of leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution,
continual improvement, empowerment and increasing transparency
- Experience dealing with sensitive and confidential issues in an appropriate manner
- Educated to a degree level
- PMP/ APM, PRINCE2 practitioner, PMP, or CMI diploma in project management.
- Digital transformation and past experience operating in a digital organization
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban,
- Previous experience as a team lead
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
- Experience with handling Atlassian JIRA and Confluence
Hillarys are the UK’s largest provider of windows dressings and furnishings. We have come a long way since the company was established in 1971 and we’re proud to do things differently. From start to finish, we strive to give the highest standards of service across all we do. At Hillary’s we understand that our people are our most important asset. We know that we will only prosper and grow if everyone works together to provide top-class products and customer service.
We work hard to attract and develop the best people at all levels, with challenging and rewarding careers. Hillarys is a great place to work whether you are talking to our customers, making our blinds or planning our marketing activity. Lying at the heart of our business are our “Signature Service” values:
- Trustworthy – “We keep our promises and act with Honesty and Integrity”
- Supportive – “We take responsibility and accountability for what we do”
- Positive – “We work as a team to ensure we delight our customer”
- Focused – “We get the job done right first time every time“
- Caring – “We believe in what we do and take “Pride” in everything we do"
Hillarys offer great benefits to their employees including generous holiday entitlement, a pension scheme and staff discount.
Hillarys are an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principle of equality regardless of race, creed, colour, nationality, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation and religion or belief.