About the role
A vacancy is now available for a quality control operative at our site in Colwick. Working as part of the GI/QC this role is responsible for inspecting product from suppliers to assure the correct level of quality, this function involves batch sampling, inspection and reporting. In addition the role also encompasses the unboxing, booking in, creation of labels, and booking passed stock to a shelf Maintenance of Reports and SAP information.
The key responsibilities of this role are as follows, but not limited to:
- Ensure all items requiring inspection are selected prioritizing any item that is out of stock that can release customers’ orders
- To quality check and inspect fabric and components to the agreed Hillary’s quality standard.
- To effectively communicate to the business any quality failures.
- To maintain reports ensuring accurate inputting.
- To control any rejected stock and prepare stock for return to supplier
- To inspect any shop floor rejections, and raise scrap tickets where applicable.
- To book in goods received from suppliers, print labels, and to create a GRN, and prepare the goods for QC checking
- To book all quality checked and passed goods to a shelf.
- To provide cover at either Nottingham site if required.
- To escalate issues to the GI/QC team leader as appropriate.
The successful and ideal candidate:
- An ability to communicate effectively, and able to respond and adapt to the needs of internal and external customers
- Committed to identifying and meeting customer needs.
- A positive individual with a ‘can do’, results driven approach and attitude.
- Able to operate within a structured environment with fluctuating work volumes and diverse customer needs.
Hillarys are the UK’s largest provider of windows dressings and furnishings. We have come a long way since the company was established in 1971 and we’re proud to do things differently. From start to finish, we strive to give the highest standards of service across all we do.
At Hillary’s we understand that our people are our most important asset. We know that we will only prosper and grow if everyone works together to provide top-class products and customer service. We work hard to attract and develop the best people at all levels, with challenging and rewarding careers. Hillarys is a great place to work whether you are talking to our customers, making our blinds or planning our marketing activity. At the heart of our business are our “Signature Service” values.
- Trustworthy - “ We keep our promises and act with Honesty and Integrity”
- Supportive – “ We take responsibility and accountability for what we do”
- Positive – “We work as a team to ensure we delight our customer”
- Focused – “We get the job done right first time every time “
- Caring – “ We believe in what we do and take “Pride” in everything we do
Hillarys offer great benefits to their employees including generous holiday entitlement, a pension scheme and staff discount.
Hillarys are an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principle of equality regardless of race, creed, colour, nationality, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation and religion or belief.