About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Quality Control Operative to join our Warehouse team in Colwick.
This role is responsible for inspecting product from suppliers to assure the correct level of quality, this function involves batch sampling, inspection and reporting. It also encompasses the unboxing, booking in, creation of labels, and booking passed stock to a shelf.
The purpose of this role is to:
- Ensure all items requiring inspection are selected prioritizing any item that is out of stock the can release customers’ orders.
- Effectively communicate to the business any quality failures.
- Control any rejected stock and prepare stock for return to supplier.
- Inspect any shop floor rejections, and raise scrap tickets where applicable.
- Book in goods received from suppliers, print labels, and to create a GRN, and prepare the goods for QC checking.
- Book all quality checked and passed goods to a shelf
- Escalate issues to the GI/QC team leader as appropriate
The successful and ideal candidate:
- Good self-organisation and time management skills.
- Ability to prioritise a wide range of tasks along with project work.
- A Professional and consistent approach to internal and external contacts.
- Flexibility to analyse new information and react in the correct manner. To understand changing and varying demands of a wide range of internal customers, without losing commercial focus.
- Personable qualities are essential to aid interaction with internal customers at all levels, as well as external suppliers.
- Understanding of the needs, objectives and constraints of those in other functions
- A good working knowledge of SAP, Excel, Word
How to apply
If you have a positive attitude to your work, good attention to detail and are able to build great working relationships then, we would love to hear from you, so please email an up to date copy of your CV with covering letter or completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 2792.
Please also ensure you have made your line manager aware of your application. We are accepting referrals for the position, please refer to the recommend a friend policy on the intranet for further details.
Hillarys are the UK’s largest provider of windows dressings and furnishings. We have come a long way since the company was established in 1971 and we’re proud to do things differently. From start to finish, we strive to give the highest standards of service across all we do.
At Hillary’s we understand that our people are our most important asset. We know that we will only prosper and grow if everyone works together to provide top-class products and customer service. We work hard to attract and develop the best people at all levels, with challenging and rewarding careers. Hillarys is a great place to work whether you are talking to our customers, making our blinds or planning our marketing activity. At the heart of our business are our “Signature Service” values.
- Trustworthy - “ We keep our promises and act with Honesty and Integrity”
- Supportive – “ We take responsibility and accountability for what we do”
- Positive – “We work as a team to ensure we delight our customer”
- Focused – “We get the job done right first time every time “
- Caring – “ We believe in what we do and take “Pride” in everything we do
Hillarys offer great benefits to their employees including generous holiday entitlement, a pension scheme and staff discount.
Hillarys are an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principle of equality regardless of race, creed, colour, nationality, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation and religion or belief.