About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Scrum Master to join our Online team in Colwick, Nottingham.
As a key member of the team responsible for developing new and exciting digital products, the Scrum Master will lead the team of internal online developers, using Agile methodology.
Managing the successful deployment and delivery of Agile sprints will require you to plan, coordinate and lead activities to deliver organisational benefit.
The purpose of this role is:
- Working with stakeholders, product owners, senior managers and directors to build and maintain relationships that enable delivery
- Guiding the Online team and the wider organisation on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to deliver organisational value
- Guiding the team on self-organising to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and the wider organisation and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and the organisation as a whole
- Identifying and removing blockers or guiding the team to remove them
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on resolution and learning
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assisting with internal and external communication and improving transparency
- Providing support to the team and leading by example
The successful and ideal candidate:
- First level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I)
- Experience in the Scrum Master role for at least two years in a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices and theory.
- Good skills and knowledge of leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment and increasing transparency
- Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc)
- Digital transformation and past experience operating in a digital organisation
- Educated to a degree level
- Second level Scrum Master certification (CSP, PSM II)
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for more than two years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban,
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, BDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Previous experience as a team lead
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
- Experience with handling Atlassian JIRA and Confluence
Any questions or to apply email email@example.com or submit an online application form.
Hillarys are the UK’s largest provider of windows dressings and furnishings. We have come a long way since the company was established in 1971 and we’re proud to do things differently. From start to finish, we strive to give the highest standards of service across all we do. At Hillary’s we understand that our people are our most important asset. We know that we will only prosper and grow if everyone works together to provide top-class products and customer service.
We work hard to attract and develop the best people at all levels, with challenging and rewarding careers. Hillarys is a great place to work whether you are talking to our customers, making our blinds or planning our marketing activity. Lying at the heart of our business are our “Signature Service” values:
- Trustworthy – “We keep our promises and act with Honesty and Integrity”
- Supportive – “We take responsibility and accountability for what we do”
- Positive – “We work as a team to ensure we delight our customer”
- Focused – “We get the job done right first time every time“
- Caring – “We believe in what we do and take “Pride” in everything we do"
Hillarys offer great benefits to their employees including generous holiday entitlement, a pension scheme and staff discount.
Hillarys are an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principle of equality regardless of race, creed, colour, nationality, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation and religion or belief.