Hillarys is the UK’s largest provider of windows dressings and furnishings. We have come a long way since the company was established in 1971 and we’re proud to do things differently. From start to finish, we strive to give the highest standards of service across all we do.
At Hillary’s we understand that our people are our most important asset. We know that we will only prosper and grow if everyone works together to provide top-class products and customer service. We work hard to attract and develop the best people at all levels, with challenging and rewarding careers. Hillarys is a great place to work whether you are talking to our customers, making our products or planning our marketing activity. Lying at the heart of our business are our values:
- Customer Focus
- Continuous Improvement
- Honesty & Integrity
About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Buyer to join our Procurement team in Colwick.
Reporting the to the Purchasing Manager, the Senior Buyer will work alongside the Procurement team with responsibility for ensuring products and services are provided at the best commercial terms to support the needs of the business. This entails working closely with both suppliers and internal departments. The successful candidate must have a “can-do” attitude, with a flexible and positive nature, who is happy dealing with the analytical nature of the job and is always willing to learn.
This role has responsibility for purchasing products in global markets to support blind fabrication in the UK. Balancing commercial terms with high levels of service performance is critical. Monitoring vendor performance, developing improvement plans, negotiating and sourcing new products is also very important. Knowledge or SAP or other ERP systems is beneficial but not essential.
The Procurement team is responsible for around £70m spend p/a and this role will have direct influence over approximately half. Importing from global sources and involvement in cross-functional teams around the business means that good communication skills are essential.
The purpose of this role is :
- Manage and develop existing suppliers.
- Identify opportunities and implement supply chain changes where appropriate.
- Negotiate with suppliers to achieve best value to support the business needs.
- Work in cross-functional teams to manage incoming and out-going product collections.
- Report writing and analysis of data to support departmental KPI’s.
- Analysis of appropriate sales metrics to mould future purchasing and stock holding plans.
- Controlling, building and strengthening supplier relationships to continually improve and report on performance.
- Communication using high standard of interpersonal, written, verbal and presentation skills
The successful and ideal candidate:
- Essential to have a good working knowledge of Excel, particularly the use of formulas and other tools to enable statistical analysis of our stock range
- Proven experience in a Buying role.
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to work to tight deadlines.
- A self-starter who is able to independently manage and prioritise their own workload on a daily basis
- Preferably educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Knowledge of SAP or equivalent ERP system.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Can demonstrate full ownership for analytical decisions
Hillarys offer great benefits to their employees including generous holiday entitlement, a pension scheme and staff discount
If you have a positive attitude to your work, good attention to detail and are able to build great working relationships then, we would love to hear from you