About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a SEO Assistant to join our Marketing team in Colwick Nottingham. You will be required to work in the SEO team to drive forward the in-house SEO projects for Hillarys & Web-blinds.
- Work with the SEO team to deliver press link building campaigns
- Assist in technical SEO projects for both brands
- Improve natural search positions and search traffic
Please note although this is an office based position you will be required to travel for the purposes of this role which may include overnight stays.
The purpose of this role is to:
Create link building strategies
- Formulate ideas
- Research and find data
- Bring the idea to life with the design team - feeding back and discussing design concepts
- Implement the campaign
- Keyword opportunities
- Competitor behaviour
- Site traffic
- Willingness to learn
- Keep up to date with Google Algorithm changes
- Keep up to date with SEO news and technology
Reports to the SEO Manager
Functional relation with:
- Online Team
- External partners (Media agencies)
- Internal stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical, comfortable with numbers and data analysis
- IT iterate
- Educated to degree level desirable
- Understanding of HTML preferred
- Understand SEO, show a keen interest to expand and develop this knowledge
- Enthusiastic, keen to add value to the business and develop personally.
The successful and ideal candidate:
Controls costs and thinks in terms of profit, loss and added value
Adapting and Coping
Adapts to changing circumstances, accepts new ideas, adapts interpersonal style to suit different
people or situations, deals with ambiguity and makes positive use of the opportunities it presents.
Accepts and tackles demanding goals with enthusiasm, works hard and puts in longer hours when it is
necessary. Works productively in a high pressure environment, keeps emotions under control,
maintains a positive outlook and handles criticism well.
Organising and Executing
Sets clearly defined objectives, plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of
possible changing circumstances. Manages time effectively, identifies and organises resources needed
to accomplish tasks. Monitors performance against deadlines and milestones. Focuses on customer
needs and satisfaction, sets high standards for quality and quantity and maintains productivity. Works in
a systematic and orderly way in order to consistently achieve project goals.
Creating and Conceptualising
Produces new ideas, approaches and insights. Creates innovative products or designs. Able to produce
a range of solutions to problems. Seeks new opportunities for improvement. Gathers comprehensive
information to support decision making.
Interacting and Presenting
Establishes good relationships with customers and colleagues. Builds wide networks of contacts inside
and outside of the organisation. Relates well to people at all levels. Ability to manage conflict. Gains
clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating. Expresses
opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly. Makes presentations and undertakes public
speaking with skill and confidence. Responds quickly to the needs of customer and to their reactions
Analysing and Interpreting
Writes clearly, succinctly and accurately in a structured and logical manner. Writes in an engaging and expressive manner. Avoids unnecessary use of jargon or complicated language. Structures information to meet the needs of the intended audience.
Leading and Deciding
Takes responsibility for actions, projects and people. Takes initiative, acts with confidence works under own direction.
Hillarys are the UK’s largest provider of windows dressings and furnishings. We have come a long way since the company was established in 1971 and we’re proud to do things differently. From start to finish, we strive to give the highest standards of service across all we do.
At Hillary’s we understand that our people are our most important asset. We know that we will only prosper and grow if everyone works together to provide top-class products and customer service. We work hard to attract and develop the best people at all levels, with challenging and rewarding careers. Hillarys is a great place to work whether you are talking to our customers, making our blinds or planning our marketing activity. At the heart of our business are our “Signature Service” values.
- Trustworthy – “We keep our promises and act with Honesty and Integrity”
- Supportive – “We take responsibility and accountability for what we do”
- Positive – “We work as a team to ensure we delight our customer”
- Focused – “We get the job done right first time every time“
- Caring – “We believe in what we do and take “Pride” in everything we do"
Hillarys offer great benefits to their employees including generous holiday entitlement, a pension scheme and staff discount.
Hillarys are an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principle of equality regardless of race, creed, colour, nationality, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation and religion or belief.