Hillarys is the UK’s leading made-to-measure in-home blinds, curtains, shutters and carpets company with an annual turnover of over £220m. We generate most of our business through our digital channels and have an exciting opportunity for a SEO executive to join our dynamic digital team.
About the role
- Responsible for natural search position improvements and organic traffic growth
- Be able to orchestrate, develop and generate link building ideas which will attract links from news websites, regional press and other high authority media
- Be best in class for all aspects of technical SEO, including site speed
- Make recommendations based on new SEO announcements – understand Algorithm changes and implications
- Work closely with the web-team, ensure any new on-site deployments meet SEO requirements
- Find opportunities for new content, to help support keyword strategies
- Reporting back on performance internally to the wider marketing team
- Analysing data with a keen eye for detail and creating something actionable from findings.
This is a unique role that provides lots of development opportunity by giving you exposure to commercial strategy, the wider marketing team (50+ people), management of agencies and exposure to directors
We are looking for someone with a passion for SEO, who is ambitious, self-starting, determined and is able to think commercially whilst being technical, keeping business needs and priorities at the forefront.
The successful candidate will be close to all things SEO. Hillarys will support you by sending you to marketing conferences as well as SEO specific conferences (Brighton SEO, Search Leeds etc.) You will also be encouraged to actively keep up with latest SEO developments from Google.
- A minimum of 2+ years’ experience in an SEO role
- Proven ability to increase ranking positions in previous role
- Strong knowledge of technical SEO
- Understanding of HTML and basic web languages
- Thorough understand of Google Analytics, Search Console, Screaming Frog and other SEO tools
- SEO copy writing; knowledge of how to write for search.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel
If you have a positive attitude to your work, good attention to detail and are able to build great working relationships then, we would love to hear from you