About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a SEO Outreach / PR Assistant to join our Marketing team in Colwick
- Work with the SEO team to outreach campaigns
- Improve natural search positions and search traffic
- Assist in technical SEO projects for both brands
Please note although this is an office based position you will be required to travel for the purposes of this role which may include overnight stays
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Main job role responsibilities)
Create link building strategies
- Formulate ideas
- Research and find data to assist in campaign development
- Outreach the campaign to the press and websites
- Competitor behaviour in link building activities
- Campaign links achieved
- Site traffic
- Willingness to learn
- Understand the technical influence on SEO
The successful and ideal candidate:
Reporting and functional relations with:
Reports to the SEO Manager
Functional relation with:
External partners (Media agencies)
Education and / or Experience:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including an excellent telephone manor
- Analytical, comfortable with numbers and data analysis
- IT literate
- Educated to degree level desirable
- Understanding of HTML preferred
- Passion for PR, journalism. Keen to learn more about SEO
- Enthusiastic, keen to add value to the business and develop personally
Controls costs and thinks in terms of profit, loss and added value
Adapting and Coping
Adapts to changing circumstances, accepts new ideas, adapts interpersonal style to suit different people or situations, deals with ambiguity and makes positive use of the opportunities it presents. Accepts and tackles demanding goals with enthusiasm, works hard and puts in longer hours when it is necessary. Works productively in a high pressure environment, keeps emotions under control, maintains a positive outlook and handles criticism well.
Organising and Executing
Sets clearly defined objectives, plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances. Manages time effectively, identifies and organises resources needed to accomplish tasks. Monitors performance against deadlines and milestones. Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction, sets high standards for quality and quantity and maintains productivity. Works in a systematic and orderly way in order to consistently achieve project goals.
Creating and Conceptualising
Produces new ideas, approaches and insights. Creates innovative products or designs. Able to produce a range of solutions to problems. Seeks new opportunities for improvement. Gathers comprehensive information to support decision making.
Interacting and Presenting
Establishes good relationships with customers and colleagues. Builds wide networks of contacts inside and outside of the organisation. Relates well to people at all levels. Ability to manage conflict. Gains clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating. Expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly. Makes presentations and undertakes public speaking with skill and confidence. Responds quickly to the needs of customer and to their reactions and feedback.
Analysing and Interpreting
Writes clearly, succinctly and accurately in a structured and logical manner. Writes in an engaging and expressive manner. Avoids unnecessary use of jargon or complicated language. Structures information to meet the needs of the intended audience.
Leading and Deciding
Takes responsibility for actions, projects and people. Takes initiative, acts with confidence and works under own direction.
Hillarys are the UK’s largest provider of windows dressings and furnishings. We have come a long way since the company was established in 1971 and we’re proud to do things differently. From start to finish, we strive to give the highest standards of service across all we do. At Hillary’s we understand that our people are our most important asset. We know that we will only prosper and grow if everyone works together to provide top-class products and customer service.
We work hard to attract and develop the best people at all levels, with challenging and rewarding careers. Hillarys is a great place to work whether you are talking to our customers, making our blinds or planning our marketing activity. Lying at the heart of our business are our “Signature Service” values:
- Trustworthy – “We keep our promises and act with Honesty and Integrity”
- Supportive – “We take responsibility and accountability for what we do”
- Positive – “We work as a team to ensure we delight our customer”
- Focused – “We get the job done right first time every time“
- Caring – “We believe in what we do and take “Pride” in everything we do"
Hillarys offer great benefits to their employees including generous holiday entitlement, a pension scheme and staff discount.
Hillarys are an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principle of equality regardless of race, creed, colour, nationality, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation and religion or belief.