Hillarys is the UK’s largest provider of windows dressings and furnishings. We have come a long way since the company was established in 1971, and have expanded from just blinds to curtains, shutters, carpets and awnings. From start to finish, we strive to give the highest standards of service across all we do.
At Hillarys, our people are our most important asset. We know that we will only prosper and grow if everyone works together to provide fantastic products and customer service. The fast-paced, dynamic team means we’re always striving for innovation and looking for a better way to do things. Each and every member of the team has an invaluable contribution to make. At the heart of our business are our values:
- Customer Focus – We put customers at the heart of our business
- Continuous Improvement – We never stand still.
- Teamwork – We succeed together.
- Honesty & Integrity – We do the right thing.
- Communication – We are connected.
- Recognition – We value people
About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Showroom Manager to support and lead a showroom in Cheltenham.
You will be in charge of creating a vibrant and on-trend showroom environment, successfully leading a team of associates to primarily advise customers on our range of quality products through offering design consultations and promoting Hillary’s signature service. You will also be involved in all aspects of managing the showroom ensuring exceptional levels of customer service & expert product knowledge as well as caring for the building and property.
As Showroom Manager you will be responsible for the day to day operation of the showroom including but not limited to:
Ensuring sufficient staffing cover during opening hours
- Assist with recruiting training and retaining a team of associates
- Maintain an effective rota to ensure staff presence during opening hours
- Manage the holiday rota to ensure full staffing
Maintaining the expected standards of presentation within the retail environment
- Keep product samples and customer areas tidy including dust and vacuum all customer areas daily
- Clean staff areas weekly
- Order and restock stationary for the showroom- brochures etc...
Taking Sales Enquiries to ensure that all sales opportunities are maximised
- Deal with the incoming sales enquiries either over the telephone or shop visits
- Answering the telephone or greeting customers that visit the shop
- Turn initial enquiries into sales appointments
- Calculation of customer quotes and recording details accurately
- Monitor and record source of business for each sales lead.
- Allocate leads to the correct sales representative and book into their diary
Exceed expectations of customer service
- Ensure that a welcoming and inviting environment is created where customers can enjoy the Hillary’s Difference.
- Embrace and Develop company’s signature service values within the showroom.
- Deal with any customer complaints taking appropriate action and escalating when needed.
- Assisting the Sales and Service Manager with the day to day elements of operating a retail outlet.
Daily responsibility for security, health & safety of associates and the public.
- Manage key holder status for the property to allow daily access and holiday cover
- Take responsibility for all aspects of Health and Safety on the premises
- Act as the first point of contact for all matters relating to the building such as Gas, Electric and Water
The successful and ideal candidate:
- In-depth experience within a retail environment on a managerial level
- Have practically design familiarity and knowledge of current interior design trends or have a strong interest in interior design
- Can strategically manage team and own sales performance
- Effectively communicate customer requirements and product specification to key stakeholders
- Demonstrate commitment to meeting customer needs through creative routes
- The ability to build strong working relationships with their team and customers
- Have the capability to manage and respond to a wide range of people, needs and processes
- Be fully flexible to work weekends and evenings where needed.
How to apply
If you have a positive attitude to your work, good attention to detail and are able to build great working relationships then, we would love to hear from you, so please email an up to date copy of your CV with covering letter or completed application to [email protected]
Hillarys are an equal opportunities employer