About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Showroom Manager to support and lead an exciting new showroom opening in Guilford. As Showroom Manager you will be responsible for the day to day operation of the showroom including but not limited to:
Ensuring sufficient staffing cover during opening hours
- Assist with recruiting training and retaining a team of associates
- Maintain an effective rota to ensure staff presence during opening hours
- Manage the holiday rota to ensure full staffing
Maintaining the expected standards of presentation within the retail environment
- Keep product samples and customer areas tidy including dust and vacuum all customer areas daily
- Clean staff areas weekly
- Order and restock stationary for the showroom- brochures etc...
Taking Sales Enquiries to ensure that all sales opportunities are maximised
- Deal with the incoming sales enquiries either over the telephone or shop visits
- Answering the telephone or greeting customers that visit the shop
- Turn initial enquiries into sales appointments
- Calculation of customer quotes and recording details accurately
- Monitor and record source of business for each sales lead.
- Allocate leads to the correct sales representative and book into their diary
Exceed expectations of customer service
- Ensure that a welcoming and inviting environment is created where customers can enjoy the Hillary’s Difference.
- Embrace and Develop company’s signature service values within the showroom.
- Deal with any customer complaints taking appropriate action and escalating when needed.
- Assisting the Sales and Service Manager with the day to day elements of operating a retail outlet.
Daily responsibility for security, health & safety of associates and the public.
- Manage key holder status for the property to allow daily access and holiday cover
- Take responsibility for all aspects of Health and Safety on the premises
- Act as the first point of contact for all matters relating to the building such as Gas, Electric and Water
You will be in charge of creating a vibrant and on-trend showroom environment, successfully leading a team of associates to primarily advise customers on our range of quality products through offering design consultations and promoting Hillary’s signature service. You will also be involved in all aspects of managing the showroom ensuring exceptional levels of customer service & expert product knowledge as well as caring for the building and property.
The successful and ideal candidate will have:
- In-depth experience within a retail environment on a managerial level
- Have practically design familiarity and knowledge of current interior design trends
- Can strategically manage team and own sales performance
- Effectively communicate customer requirements and product specification to key stakeholders
- Demonstrate commitment to meeting customer needs through creative routes
- The ability to build strong working relationships with their team and customers
- Have the capability to manage and respond to a wide range of people, needs and processes
- Be fully flexible to work weekends and evenings where needed.
Any questions or to apply email email@example.com
Hillarys are the UK’s largest provider of windows dressings and furnishings. We have come a long way since the company was established in 1971 and we’re proud to do things differently. From start to finish, we strive to give the highest standards of service across all we do.
At Hillary’s we understand that our people are our most important asset. We know that we will only prosper and grow if everyone works together to provide top-class products and customer service. We work hard to attract and develop the best people at all levels, with challenging and rewarding careers. Hillarys is a great place to work whether you are talking to our customers, making our blinds or planning our marketing activity. Lying at the heart of our business are our “Signature Service” values:
- Trustworthy - “ We keep our promises and act with Honesty and Integrity”
- Supportive – “ We take responsibility and accountability for what we do”
- Positive – “We work as a team to ensure we delight our customer”
- Focused – “We get the job done right first time every time “
- Caring – “ We believe in what we do and take “Pride” in everything we do
Hillarys offer great benefits to their employees including generous holiday entitlement, a pension
scheme and staff discount.
Interviews for the above position will be held in Guildford on the 26th and 27th September 2017.
Hillarys are an equal opportunity employer.