About the role
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a SP Sales - Business Development Manager in the Midlands Region.
The key accountability of the role is:
Responsibility for the management of all aspects of the Sales and Service cycle in respect to the counties you are allocated. Typically, this will be c.10 counties and around 45 self-employed in home sales Design Consultants.
You are responsible for recruiting, supporting, training and developing a team of Designers to optimise sales and profit - delivering excellent customer service throughout your territory.
The successful and ideal candidate:
- Recruitment – Recruit, train, induct, mentor and develop Design Consultants to manage their businesses successfully.
- Capacity Management – Build and manage diary capacity effectively in your geographical area, ensuring each Design Consultant has enough leads to run a profitable business whilst meeting customer demand for appointments.
- Performance – Plan time effectively to ensure that your activities deliver a high return on investment whilst helping designers to achieve their earning objectives. Adhere to the business development cycle of contact; regular phone contact, 1-2-1 meetings and field visits to support performance accountability and improvement. Deliver efficient sales growth by helping designer to work on key performance indicators (KPIs) on sales, appointment effect and supporting metrics (conversions & value). Support and run town meetings for designers to support development.
- Service – As the custodian of Signature Service it is necessary to work with the customer service team to ensure customers in your area receive outstanding service – educating and ensuring that designers understand the importance of working to service best practice. When failures in Service take place, the SP BDM is required to provide telephone and/or face to face contact to Design Consultants and Customers, taking full responsibility for service recovery.
The successful candidate must have sales experience, and ideally management experience and be self-motivated and able to confidently drive sales and sales performance in the field.
Hillarys are the UK’s largest provider of windows dressings and furnishings. We have come a long way since the company was established in 1971 and we’re proud to do things differently. From start to finish, we strive to give the highest standards of service across all we do.
At Hillary’s we understand that our people are our most important asset. We know that we will only prosper and grow if everyone works together to provide top-class products and customer service. We work hard to attract and develop the best people at all levels, with challenging and rewarding careers. Hillarys is a great place to work whether you are talking to our customers, making our blinds or planning our marketing activity. Lying at the heart of our business are our “Signature Service” values:
- Trustworthy – “We keep our promises and act with Honesty and Integrity”
- Supportive – “We take responsibility and accountability for what we do”
- Positive – “We work as a team to ensure we delight our customer”
- Focused – “We get the job done right first time every time“
- Caring – “We believe in what we do and take “Pride” in everything we do"
Hillarys offer great benefits to their employees including generous holiday entitlement, a pension scheme and staff discount.
Hillarys are an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principle of equality regardless of race, creed, colour, nationality, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation and religion or belief.