About the role
The ICT Department within Hillarys consists of approximately 50 personnel, comprising several teams ranging from Business Process Experts, SAP and Web Development, Service Infrastructure and Service Delivery. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a System Administrator (SAP BASIS) to join the Service Infrastructure Team based in Colwick, Nottingham.
Hillarys SAP landscape is made up of SAP's Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) ECC6, Customer Relationship Management (CRM 7) and Business Warehouse (BW) on HANA for its database backend with Process Integration (PI) on ASE. The majority of these SAP systems run SUSE Operating Systems within a VMware virtual environment.
The Service Infrastructure Team is a small team of 5 that is responsible for managing, supporting and developing the computer and network infrastructure that underpins the wider business systems operations.
Applicants for this position must have significant experience working within an SAP environment in similar roles and possess the following skills:
- Significant SAP Basis experience of at least one of the following systems (ECC6, CRM7, BW7, PI7.5)
- At least 1 full life cycle management of an SAP system, including a fresh install of OS, DB and SAP application.
- Proactive patch management (inc OS/DB/SAP).
- Experience of patching and maintain systems running Netweaver 7.4 or later
- Performance tuning of SAP Systems from OS, DB and Application.
- Oracle but preferable HANA.
- SUSE Linux preferable version 12.
- Competent in supporting various Operating Systems, Windows, Linux.
An understanding of, would be advantageous:-
- Solution Manager 7.2
- SMP 3.0 (SAP Mobile Platform)
- VMware vSphere 6.
- Veeam 9.
- Palo Alto firewall technology.
- HP Blade technology.
- Enterprise storage systems, EMC, PURE, Nimble.
- HP Networking.
The successful and ideal candidate
- Education to degree standard preferred.
- Excellent communicator with good relationship management and influencing skills not just across internal teams but external as well.
- Excellent organisational skills and disciplined attention to detail.
- Ability to interpret technical issues into business impact, and communicate at all levels.
- Risk Management.
- Proactive approach, multi team player.
- Takes responsibility and ownership for actions and projects.
How to apply
If you have a positive attitude to your work, good attention to detail and are able to build great working relationships, then we would love to hear from you, so please email an up to date copy of your CV with covering letter or completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 2839.