About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Systems Administrator to join our ICT Service Infrastructure team in Colwick.
This position will directly report to the Service Infrastructure Manager and will concentrate on the administration and management of our virtualization environment, including end-user computing experience, along with support and management of all supporting infrastructure.
The purpose of this role is:
Be responsible for the installation, configuration, and management of various technologies, including (but not limited to) the following:
- vSphere 6.x
- Veeam backup and replication version 9
- PURE SAN technology
- iSCSI, NFS, FCoE protocols
- Microsoft Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016
To give a good demonstrative working knowledge of the follow:
- Installation, configuration and daily management of at least 2 product lifecycles in VMWare – preferable one of them being VCP-DCV in vSphere 6.
- Veeam backup & replication installation, configuration and daily management – preferable version 9.
- Installation, configuration and performance tuning of Linux, preferable SUSE for SAP version 12.
- Microsoft Active Directory / DNS.
- Palo Alto firewall technology.
- HP Blade technology.
- Enterprise storage systems, EMC, PURE.
- HP Networking.
- Competent in supporting various Operating Systems, Windows, Linux.
- Microsoft SQL.
- AWS Administration:
- Managing domains and redirects
- Performance monitoring using new Relic
An understanding of, would be advantageous:-
- An Interest in developing SAP BASIS skills.
- HUAWEI SAP Appliances.
- Microsoft Exchange.
- Excellent communicator with good relationship management and influencing skills not just
across internal teams but external as well.
- Excellent organizational skills and disciplined attention to detail.
- Ability to interpret technical issues into business impact, and communicate at all levels.
- Risk Management.
- Proactive approach, multi team player.
- Takes responsibility and ownership for actions and projects.
Any questions or to apply email [email protected]
Hillarys are the UK’s largest provider of windows dressings and furnishings. We have come a long way since the company was established in 1971 and we’re proud to do things differently. From start to finish, we strive to give the highest standards of service across all we do. At Hillary’s we understand that our people are our most important asset. We know that we will only prosper and grow if everyone works together to provide top-class products and customer service.
We work hard to attract and develop the best people at all levels, with challenging and rewarding careers. Hillarys is a great place to work whether you are talking to our customers, making our blinds or planning our marketing activity. Lying at the heart of our business are our “Signature Service” values:
- Trustworthy – “We keep our promises and act with Honesty and Integrity”
- Supportive – “We take responsibility and accountability for what we do”
- Positive – “We work as a team to ensure we delight our customer”
- Focused – “We get the job done right first time every time“
- Caring – “We believe in what we do and take “Pride” in everything we do"
Hillarys offer great benefits to their employees including generous holiday entitlement, a pension scheme and staff discount.
Hillarys are an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principle of equality regardless of race, creed, colour, nationality, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation and religion or belief.