About the role
The ICT Department within Hillarys consists of approximately 50 personnel, comprising several teams ranging from Business Process Experts, SAP and Web Development, Service Infrastructure and Service Delivery. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a System Administrator (SAP BASIS) to join the Service Infrastructure Team based in Colwick, Nottingham.
Within the last 12 months Hillarys have been through an exercise of migrating to the latest on-premise version of SAP's Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software suite, including the migration from Oracle to SAP HANA for its database backend. All these SAP systems run SUSE Operating Systems within a VMware virtual environment.
The Service Infrastructure Team is a small team of 5 that is responsible for managing, supporting and developing the computer and network infrastructure that underpins the wider business systems operations.
Applicants for this position must have at least 5 year’s experience working within an SAP environment in similar roles and possess the following skills:
- 5 years SAP Basis experience of at least one of the following systems (ECC6, CRM7, BW7, PI7.5)
- At least 1 full life cycle management of an SAP system, including a fresh install of OS, DB and SAP application.
- Proactive patch management (inc OS/DB/SAP).
- Experience of patching and maintain systems running Netweaver 7.4 or later
- Performance tuning of SAP Systems from OS, DB and Application.
- Oracle but preferable HANA.
- SUSE Linux preferable version 12.
- Competent in supporting various Operating Systems, Windows, Linux.
An understanding of, would be advantageous:-
- Solution Manager 7.2
- SMP 3.0 (SAP Mobile Platform)
- VMware vSphere 6.
- Veeam 9.
- Palo Alto firewall technology.
- HP Blade technology.
- Enterprise storage systems, EMC, PURE, Nimble.
- HP Networking.
The successful and ideal candidate:
- Education to degree standard preferred.
- Excellent communicator with good relationship management and influencing skills not just across internal teams but external as well.
- Excellent organisational skills and disciplined attention to detail.
- Ability to interpret technical issues into business impact, and communicate at all levels.
- Risk Management.
- Proactive approach, multi team player.
- Takes responsibility and ownership for actions and projects.
Hillarys are the UK’s largest provider of windows dressings and furnishings. We have come a long way since the company was established in 1971 and we’re proud to do things differently. From start to finish, we strive to give the highest standards of service across all we do. At Hillary’s we understand that our people are our most important asset. We know that we will only prosper and grow if everyone works together to provide top-class products and customer service.
We work hard to attract and develop the best people at all levels, with challenging and rewarding careers. Hillarys is a great place to work whether you are talking to our customers, making our blinds or planning our marketing activity. Lying at the heart of our business are our “Signature Service” values:
- Trustworthy – “We keep our promises and act with Honesty and Integrity”
- Supportive – “We take responsibility and accountability for what we do”
- Positive – “We work as a team to ensure we delight our customer”
- Focused – “We get the job done right first time every time“
- Caring – “We believe in what we do and take “Pride” in everything we do"
Hillarys offer great benefits to their employees including generous holiday entitlement, a pension scheme and staff discount.
Hillarys are an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principle of equality regardless of race, creed, colour, nationality, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation and religion or belief.