About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Team Leader to join our Contact Centre team in Colwick.
Working as a member of the Sales Centre the role is responsible for leading a team of Associates supporting the Contact Centre to achieve department KPI’s and Individual WPT’s in order to provide the most effective support possible whilst always looking to increase sales through outstanding service and support to our customers throughout their purchasing experience.
The purpose of the role is to:
- To champion and instil the ethos and standards of the Company values..
- Assign individual work within the team to meet service standards on work required within the area.
- Meeting service standards within team.
- Continuous real-time monitoring and re-allocation of work to meet KPIs.
- Feedback on WPT’s giving both positive and constructive feedback.
- Quality Call coaching.
- Setting action plans / development plans and measuring on going performance against these.
- Carrying out regular reviews and appraisals.
- HR Management including monitoring absence against Bradford Factor and referring non-compliance of action plans to HR and carrying out disciplinary meetings as necessary.
- Assist in training and coaching associates on new processes within the Department.
- Assisting the development of new processes within the business
- Relationship building with wider internal Teams to improve the service we offer our customers.
- Commercial awareness and cost of credits / DOR’s to overall profitability.
- Make commercial decisions regarding credits / DOR’s.
- Handle escalated complaints from team.
- Be a positive champion for change within the Department.
- Develop, and continually improve, courses and documentation for the induction of new staff.
- To champion and instil the ethos and standards the Contact Centre operates to ensure that a
consistent message that underpins everything we do within the Contact Centre from a Customer
- Identify training / skills gaps as well as providing suggestions / solutions addressing them.
- Help maintain positive Employee climate ensuring that all staff are continually informed of
developments and are motivated and engaged with the business.
- Understand team objectives and how you may assist them in delivering them. Flagging issues /
barriers to your manager and providing suggestions on how to fix them at the earliest
- Act as a role model for agreed standards in relation to time and attendance.
- To challenge, with authority, unprofessional behaviours within the team.
- To assist Hillarys Management and HR with the activity associated with recruitment and
- To comply with the Hillarys policies and procedures at all times including the maintaining of a
safe and secure working environment that is fully compliant with the business Health and Safety
- To perform other duties as directed by your line manager.
- To take ownership for your Personal Development plan and to assist team members in
delivering their development actions, working with your manager to ensure that these actions are
completed to the agreed timescales.
Key Metrics To Include:
The key metrics upon which the Team Leader, will be measured will be communicated regularly by your
Key Working Relationships:
- Hillarys Contact Centre Associates
- Contact Centre Management Team
- Support Functions (e.g. HR, Finance, ICT & Training)
- Hillarys Field Management Team
And to a lesser extent . . . .
- Senior Management Team across Hillarys
- Hillarys Operational Management (Production, Warehouse & Distribution)
The successful and ideal candidate:
- Performance Management - Having a genuine interest in improving our service proposition.
- Customer Focus – Gives a high priority to customer needs with a determination to provide the
best quality service.
- Motivation - Motivates individuals to achieve objectives.
- Communicating & Influencing – Give and receive information effectively and in a positive and
constructive manner. Adapts approach and interacts positively with people at all levels.
- Delivery – Delivers as per agreed objectives and tasks within timescale and takes responsibility
for implementing the best solution, results and recovery of poor performance. Shows
determination and resilience to ‘make it happen’.
- Ownership – Demonstrates full ownership for those goals and tasks assigned and
preparedness to accept challenges willingly. Highly organised and methodical in approach.
- Teamwork – Co-operates with colleagues and listens to, respects and acknowledges the views of others. Proactive in supporting other team members.
- Follow-up and Monitoring - Checking progress of new starters and also existing staff using new processes / skills and taking action to resolve exceptions.
- Flexibility - Taking account of new information or changed circumstances and modifying understanding of a problem or situation accordingly.
- Supports a blame free environment and recognises the ideas of others.
- Presentation – Comfortable in a training environment delivering system and skill-based learning to varying groups. Previous presentation experience desirable.
- System Testing – Knowledge of how we test new systems and processes within the IT framework.
- Innovation & Creativity – Identifies and generates fresh ideas and initiate appropriate action to improve performance.
- Commercial Focus – understanding of the basic commercial KPI’s that drive the business.
- Previous Team Leader experience within a Contact Centre
Systems & Processes:
- MS Office - Higher than average proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required.
- SAP – Good working knowledge as a minimum
- Processes – Understands the Contact Centre Processes and how they interact with other areas of the business.
- Organising & Delivering - Adopt a clear, sensible and proactive approach to planning and organising work in order to make effective use of time and other resources. Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction, sets, monitors and maintains quality and productivity and achieves tasks in a timely manner.
- Job Knowledge & Expertise - Keep knowledge and expertise up to date and share learning with others. Actively look for experiences and opportunities to develop knowledge and expertise in ways that add value to Hillarys; applies specialist and detailed technical expertise where appropriate.
- Communicating & Interacting - Give and receive information effectively, present balanced ideas and receive views in a positive and constructive manner. Adapt approach and interact positively with people at all levels. Easily establishes good relationships with customers and staff.
- Working With Others - Co-operate enthusiastically with others in order to deliver on agreed objectives / tasks. Shows respect for the views and contributions of others, builds team spirit and reconciles conflict.
- Adapting & Coping - Adapts to changing circumstances; tolerates ambiguity and accepts new ideas; maintains a positive outlook at work; works productively in a pressurised environment; keeps emotions under control during difficult situations
Hillarys are the UK’s largest provider of windows dressings and furnishings. We have come a long way since the company was established in 1971 and we’re proud to do things differently. From start to finish, we strive to give the highest standards of service across all we do. At Hillary’s we understand that our people are our most important asset. We know that we will only prosper and grow if everyone works together to provide top-class products and customer service.
We work hard to attract and develop the best people at all levels, with challenging and rewarding careers. Hillarys is a great place to work whether you are talking to our customers, making our blinds or planning our marketing activity. Lying at the heart of our business are our “Signature Service” values:
- Trustworthy – “We keep our promises and act with Honesty and Integrity”
- Supportive – “We take responsibility and accountability for what we do”
- Positive – “We work as a team to ensure we delight our customer”
- Focused – “We get the job done right first time every time“
- Caring – “We believe in what we do and take “Pride” in everything we do"
Hillarys offer great benefits to their employees including generous holiday entitlement, a pension scheme and staff discount.
Hillarys are an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principle of equality regardless of race, creed, colour, nationality, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation and religion or belief.