Hillarys are the UK’s largest provider of windows dressings and furnishings. We have come a long way since the company was established in 1971 and we’re proud to do things differently. From start to finish, we strive to give the highest standards of service across all we do.
At Hillary’s we understand that our people are our most important asset. We know that we will only prosper and grow if everyone works together to provide top-class products and customer service. We work hard to attract and develop the best people at all levels, with challenging and rewarding careers. Hillarys is a great place to work whether you are talking to our customers, making our blinds or planning our marketing activity. Lying at the heart of our business are our ‘Company Values.
- Customer Focus
- Continuous Improvement
- Team Work
- Honesty & Integrity
About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Visual Merchandising Manager to join our Marketing team in Colwick, Nottingham
- This role would suit somebody who is creative with a talent for design, colour & style and the ability to develop original 'eye-catching' concepts with the WOW factor which positively engage the target market audience.
- The successful candidate will assist the Customer Experience and Events Manager to develop, deliver and communicate visual concepts and strategies to promote events; exhibitions, retail kiosks, showrooms and pop-up shops, third party retail executions, blogger events, county shows and other retail and experiential activity to excite and maintain the interest of the target markets.
- This role requires a person who has the drive to achieve results in a friendly manner but at the same time maintain quality and standards. The successful role holder should have the ability to develop, deliver and communicate visual concepts and strategies to promote the products and services at retail outlets, exhibitions and shows. The need to enjoy challenging situations and a systematic and perfectionist approach to problems is integral to the function.
- Assist in the design, development, management, execution and delivery of Company’s participation at consumer facing events and exhibitions and retail outlets / showrooms on brand, to time and to budget
- Selecting of products to feature at exhibitions & retail outlets.
- Deliver product launches & window display selections within retail outlets to time and budget
- Be practical and have a hands on approach during the product launch refreshes at retail outlets, retail showroom openings and exhibitions.
- Devise and deliver all supporting promotional material and communications/marketing plans
- Visit retail outlets to coach in-store visual merchandising
- Keep knowledge up to date and produce new ideas, approaches and insights
- Conduct research on current & future design trends and associated target market features
- Create innovative designs
- Seek new opportunities for improvement
- Gather comprehensive information to support decision making.
- Researching ideas and present recommendations in a balanced manner
- Identify & co-ordinate appropriate third party suppliers
The successful and ideal candidate:
- Have proven visual merchandising experience within a similar role
- Ability to use commercial and retail expertise, and be flexible with your approach to new business ideas keeping our customers in mind.
- Flexible approach to change, solution-focussed, works well to deadlines
- Creative flair and imagination with a superb eye for detail to assist in creating visually exciting showrooms, retail outlets & exhibitions that showcase our collections at their best and most commercial whilst maintaining operational excellence
- Strong time management skills
- A background in/ experience of any of the following would be beneficial; POS, merchandising, retail display, or interiors
- Educated to degree level, ideally in visual merchandising and promotional design would be desirable Project management and planning skills
- Ability to manage a number of complex projects at any one time
- Commercially aware and numerate
- Stakeholder management experience
- Ability to conceptualise, plan and execute
- A ‘can do’ approach and lots of ‘get up and go’
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creative flair and attention to detail are all crucial to the role, as is the ability to plan for a busy work schedule
- Ability to make presentations and undertake public speaking with skill and confidence
- Interact well with colleagues at all levels and customers
The above duties and responsibilities are not exhaustive and are subject to change. You may be required to undertake other duties within the scope of the job role and / or work across other brands as appropriate. Driving licence and car owner is a necessity for this role.
Please note although this is an office based position but you will be required to travel for the purposes of this role which may include overnight stays and be outside the usual business hours.
Hillarys offer great benefits to their employees including generous holiday entitlement, a pension scheme and staff discount.
If you have a positive attitude to your work, good attention to detail and are able to build great working relationships then, we would love to hear from you!