About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Warehouse Operative to join our Warehouse team in Glaisdale.
Hours of work = 39 per week working Monday to Friday but must be flexible if required.
Your main duties will primarily be
- Ensuring the stock placement and location of materials is managed in the most efficient manner
- Accepting and documenting deliveries Picking stock for the shop floor and external customers
- Administrative functions
The successful and ideal candidate:
- Attention to detail, a logical and methodical application of skills will be required
- The ideal applicant will have experience of counterbalance and reach forklift operation and will have previously worked in a warehouse environment
- A good working knowledge of Excel and SAP Warehouse management is beneficial Knowledge of health and safety procedures will be required
- Any knowledge of product would be an advantage
- A flexible, helpful manner and the ability to work within a team is essential. A good level of physical fitness is required to carry out the lifting and carrying involved in moving stock.
How to apply
If you have a positive attitude to your work, good attention to detail and are able to build great working relationships then, we would love to hear from you, so please email an up to date copy of your CV with covering letter or completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 2826 .
Please also ensure you have made your line manager aware of your application.
We are accepting referrals for the position, please refer to the recommend a friend policy on the intranet for further details.
Hillarys are the UK’s largest provider of windows dressings and furnishings. We have come a long way since the company was established in 1971 and we’re proud to do things differently. From start to finish, we strive to give the highest standards of service across all we do. At Hillary’s we understand that our people are our most important asset. We know that we will only prosper and grow if everyone works together to provide top-class products and customer service.
We work hard to attract and develop the best people at all levels, with challenging and rewarding careers. Hillarys is a great place to work whether you are talking to our customers, making our blinds or planning our marketing activity. Lying at the heart of our business are our “Signature Service” values:
- Trustworthy – “We keep our promises and act with Honesty and Integrity”
- Supportive – “We take responsibility and accountability for what we do”
- Positive – “We work as a team to ensure we delight our customer”
- Focused – “We get the job done right first time every time“
- Caring – “We believe in what we do and take “Pride” in everything we do"
Hillarys offer great benefits to their employees including generous holiday entitlement, a pension scheme and staff discount.
Hillarys are an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principle of equality regardless of race, creed, colour, nationality, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation and religion or belief.